PINEAPPLE CIDER

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suffolk Supper

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all
Has anyone got a recipe and method to make a Demi John load of pineapple cider 🍺
Thanks acheers.

By scaling back my fruit cider recipe I would estimate
4L of pineapple concentrate
2 tsp of pectalaise
2 tsp of yeast nutrient
2 teabag left to stew in a mug of boiling water for half an hour, add the liquid to the demijohn
Cider yeast with sweetener (ebay) I can't copy the link on this phone.

Ferment until it stops, taking note that cider yeasts drop the FG a lot lower than ale yeasts 998 or even lower is usual.

2 tsp of pectalaise
2 tsp of yeast nutrient
2 teabag left to stew in a mug of boiling water for half an hour, add the liquid to the demijohn

Ferment until it stops, taking note that cider yeasts drop the FG a lot lower than ale yeasts 998 or even lower is usual.
Thank you
2 tsp of pectalaise
2 tsp of yeast nutrient

thank you Griff 🍺👍

Keep an eye on it during fermentation, pineapple can be quite lively. Mine came through the airlock on day 2 and that was only 25% pineapple.

Pineapple ferments are pretty energetic due to its high enzyme content.
That’s also why you can tenderize tough meat with it, but if you overdo it, it will break down the meat into a granular mush.
I’m working on a way to make a pineapple and browned ground beef garum, but, a bitter aftertaste is a problem….

Latest posts

Back