Pitching yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomered

Reaction score
Hi, just started my second brew and think I may of pitched yeast at too high temp. Festival golden stag, og 1042, struggled to get temp on wort, used all my ice, was worried about the wort not being aerated and pitched at about 26c. It's still sitting at that after about 2 hours. Worried now :(

It'll be ok ,it'll still ferment. When I started I was chucking the yeast in at 30c+ :eek: before I came to this forum. 26 c isn't that bad. Can you cool it anymore? Put the bucket in some ice water?

Hi, just started my second brew and think I may of pitched yeast at too high temp. Festival golden stag, og 1042, struggled to get temp on wort, used all my ice, was worried about the wort not being aerated and pitched at about 26c. It's still sitting at that after about 2 hours. Worried now :(

I pitched one around that last night (a bit over really, more like 28) as it just wouldnt cool and I wanted to sleep. It was down at 20-22 after a night in the conservatory and still up at that after a day in the back bedroom today. It's going well though with a huge krausen and gravity down from 1048 to 1038. Nothing tastes off with this evening's sample either.

So in short dont worry.

Cheers :-) still at about 25 so gonna move to cooler place just now for a bit. Been excited about this kit for ages so really hoped I hadn't balls it at the first hurdle!

Latest posts

Back