Lazy fermentation – Should I pitch a new yeast pack?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From your original question it sounds like the reading is going down steadily, just not as fast as you expected. Is that right? I would leave it. As long as it's doing something it doesn't sound like it's stalled. . Some fermentations take longer, others blast through. I've never used US 05 on a wheat beer. 17 degrees is quite low for that yeast.
+1. Leave it if gravity is dropping

That is not what
To be more accurate I monitor the wort temperature using a BrewBrain Float device and the fluctuation of the temperature of the wort is small. The probe the InkBird regulates from is inside the freezer (not the wort). When I say that the temperature goes on decreasing by 2 °C I speak of the temperature inside the freezer.
Nevertheless, at the time the temperature inside the freezer is low, there should be a temperature gradient inside the fermentation vessel (cold along the wall and warmer at the center). That is to say that yeast close to the wall suffers a greater temperature amplitude than the one at the center.

if by wheat beer you mean a Weißbier, then why use US05, the whole point is to have the yeast character of banana clove that you get from the yeast. Those strains are extremely active and most brewers here (I live in Bayern) do open fermentations because of this.

Latest posts

Back