planning what beers for the festive season (easy drinkers)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PD

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'll try and not use the C word. as I know it sometimes offends.....

2 months or so to the holiday period and I've already started work on the " standard " beers I want ready for the holidays. I've got a few " speciality " beers in bottles already maturing but its now time to sort out the everyday corny beers that we want to have on tap ( mainly son and me and a few friends for the baa...r )

I have 7 corny's available and have already got a couple of them maturing and conditioning some drinking ale/beer.

We have decided that we want to have easy session beers of the " wine plonk " type i.e nothing difficult or complex just straight ordinary beers.
So we have made a list out and will over the next few weeks be making sure that they will be ready on tap for the holidays.
The List
Corny 1 Blacksheeps Piddle
Corny2 Big Kenny
Corny 3 TTL
Corny4 Premium Pilsner
Corny5 Makeson
Corny 6 Golden Delicious
Corny 7 probably Fursty Ferrett

All beers that we have made and enjoyed during 2013 and hopefully will ensure that we enjoy the drink over the Christmas ( damn ! ) period.

What do you want for to be drinking ( not mentioning the speciallity beers you might have made.

As per my C word post...

...just got the mash on for Untilted - an ultra-pale, fruity-hopped refresher of a beer

Then a Dark Island (with some special yeast I have in the fridge) next week.

And a Hefeweizen the week after that.

All of which should be drinking around the festivities. :thumb:

I have a pale ale, that was split into 2 fermenters. Half dry hopped and half lightly spiced (17.5L of each). Tonight I get the mash on for 30L of something loosely based on old peculiar for the brew day tomorrow.
That's it for the Rolfe household this year, its my first one homebrewing. Looking forward to the year I have a homebrew selection like yours for the festive season PD!
R

As you all know I don't do session ales but I have got a dark Isle maturing but I also have plenty of Effin Oatmeal, house bitter and Odd Job pale, plus I have 1 yr old Wee heavy lass, 1 yr old elderberry stout and 2 yr old Old Jake Barley Wine :party: :party:

I'm just about to start brewing a low abv red IPA for work nights. Other than that i'm making a dry stout with plenty of flaked barley in and then a no frills no nonsense porter if there's time.

My brew days over the past two years or so (since my son was born) have been few and far between, but I decided to take action this year in time for the holidays and I'm on a bit of a run at the moment.
My brewlength these days is usually 40 litres.
I did a Galaxy pale a few weeks ago, but it is that good I doubt it will see the end of November :lol:
I've got an El Dorado pale maturing, half of which I want to bottle for gifts and swaps.
Just ordered lots of nice hops to make a Punk type beer that I will make this weekend or next.
And I also want to squeeze in a traditional English bitter or special bitter too.

Is that enough?? :grin:

I have just brewed my last of the 12 BREWS OF XMAS
All beers are AG
Quaffing beers

Tawny Owl 3.8 %
Top Dog 4.2 %
Caledonian Porter 4.1%
Dan's Dark Mild [also for my bros' birthday] 3.7
TT Landlord 4.1%
Hansons Mild 3.5 %

Something to warm the cockles of your heart

Bobs ESB 5.7 %
Bantam Cock 5.3 % [similar to OBH]
Kingsdown Ale 5.3 %

Fighting Beer

Skyfall 8.3 %

Belgian Abbey 8.5 %

Loon Juice

Imperial stout 11%

I am hoping to squeeze in a Gales HSB and maybe a Ringwood Porter .Oh yes ! and an Exmoor Gold and an Old Peculier Somebody stop me !! :lol:

And which Christmas is the Imperial Stout going to be ready for :wha:

2015 or 2016 :lol: :lol:

Got a few done already

Xxxb, black sheep and a discovery all from grahams book

Got a few Brewferm Belgians triple, grand crew diabolo

Hoping to get a Timmy Taylor ready in time brew day Fri

Now ive written it all down I think I might have over done it

Happy days

I've got a cream stout and a house bitter that are ready and likely will be consumed around the festive period, I also might (if it's ready) have my smoked single malt oaked porter but that one (after what it's costing to make) is not going to be a session beer haha

Got a batch of youngs ubrew lager in bottles conditioning as we speak. Almost finished a reisling kit.wine. Just about to start my crimbo brew, based on a wilko hoppy copper bitter but with a few additions to give it a festive flavour, will go in a barrel. Also going to get a ruby red kit started but not sure it will be ready for christmas, this will be bottled.

graysalchemy said:
And which Christmas is the Imperial Stout going to be ready for :wha:

2015 or 2016 :lol: :lol:
Ah yes !!brewed last January so ready for a taster this year [maybe 1 bottle ] and the rest in 2015ish :whistle:

Just remembered, got an orange & coffee infused vodka on the go should be ready in time for my birthday beginning of december.

Back