Poisonous alcohol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn cowboy home brewers

As the article says - India has the third largest alcohol market in the world, there has been an 8% growth over a year and 48% of them are drinking "Country Made" liquor (home made) i think this is going to get lot worse before it gets better.

I used to go to Kenya alot and they had the same stuff there made in the slums apparently you can tell the good stuff as the methanol makes it cold to touch even on a very hot day. The government even subsidised beer to try to stop people drinking it but it can't compete with about 20p for enough to get wasted.

Its like the counterfeit fags that are for sale here there has been plenty of scare stories about what is in them but people still buy them because they are cheap.

Last edited:
They're drinking industrial alcohols probably...a place I worked at the meths was under lock and key.
If you read it they're not cowboys...they're Indians!!

True story. Way back in the 1980s a grocery store in North Ward, Townsville, Straya, very close to the hospital at that time, used to keep their meths in the drinks chiller, 'specially to satisfy those with a thirst.asad1sick...
Seemed there was a demand by some of the errrr, locals. :eek:

Unfortunately there will always be a market for 'Cheap' products over 'Quality' products no matter what the outcome

Latest posts

Back