Polish Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkadiuszmakarenko

Reaction score
I`m just brewing beer which is hybrid beer.

About 10 years ago when beer homebrewing in Poland was just crawling, and there was very little sources of ingredients.
So we had to brew from we could buy in local breweries. So we had plenty Pilsener malt and polish hops (Lubelski and Marynka). As most of us we didn`t have fermentation temperature control so we had to use dry ale yeast. So we tried to copy good lager using what we had, so it was created easy, cheap and tasty beer. If you want try to brew it, you will not be disappointed.

Malt
4kg lager malt

Mash temperature. 66C for 60 minutes, mashout 76C for few minutes. (Beer should be quite dry).

Boiling
20-25g Marynka hops - bittering hops. for 60 minutes
20g lubelski hops (noble polish aroma hops) - for last 20 minutes
40g lubelski hops for flame out.

Teaspoon - Irish moss for last 15 minutes.

Yeast and fermentation.
Use clean ale yeast. Good choice it would be US05, Nottingham. But any good ale yeast would do. Fermentation should be quite cold.

If you like dry hopping, feel free.

Priming.
Carbonation should be high. So it would be better to bottle it. Use 120g of sugar per 20 liters for priming.

Enjoy it cold.

highwayman said:
Hya Ark...Looks like a nice and simple recipe...something for next summer :hmm: I have searched for the hops and can only find Marynka hopshttp://www.hopandgrape.co.uk/catalog/catalog.asp?catid=BRU2105161&pageno=4#items

I typed in Google lubelski but it came up with this link but it seems they are also Marynka :wha:
http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/index.../marynka-vacuum-packed-leaf-hops-100-gms.html

Can you clarfiy please..... ;)

Marynka is dual purpose hops, usually used as a bittering hops. Usually around 8%AA.
Lubelski is noble hops. AA around 4%. Very good quality hops.
They are grown in the same region of Poland.

I think you can use Marynka as a late hops, with very good results.

I kegged this beer with 70g of sugar per cornie (19L), it should be more but i would have a lot of problems to get out safely beer to a glass.

Latest posts

Back