Pressure Barrel Beer or Cider?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan3d86

Reaction score
Whilst i'm waiting for my ale to condition i'm keen to push on and get another brew going but i want to utilise the pressure barrel i got recently. My question is, would you use a PB for beer only or cider?

I don't have a setup to store the PB in a fridge so whatever I do put in there wont be cold from the tap.

Keen to see what others thoughts are...

Whilst i'm waiting for my ale to condition i'm keen to push on and get another brew going but i want to utilise the pressure barrel i got recently. My question is, would you use a PB for beer only or cider?

I don't have a setup to store the PB in a fridge so whatever I do put in there wont be cold from the tap.

Keen to see what others thoughts are...

Without a fridge unless you have a cellar or another cold place in which to store your PB, the only time that beer dispensed from a PB will be arguably too warm is in the summer . So I tend to work with that and don't store all my beer in PBs in the summer but use bottles more (I have 3 PBs but only one fridge).
And if your PB is cleaned and sanitised properly after use there should be no taste or smell contamination to be be carried forward if you switch from beer to cider or vice versa.

Latest posts

Back