Prince Andrew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having just read Andrew Lownie's extensively researched and painstakingly referenced work on the Mountbattens, I would suspect that the sensationalist press are scratching just the tip of the iceberg (or even the Battenberg). The depth of perversion and cover up is beyond belief and no matter how grim the bulk of the biography, it's not until the penultimate chapter that the magnitude of depravity is revealed. This guy was mentor to the current King and his brother. Andrew is an angel compared with this guy.
Not a fun or pleasant read and I can't recommend it as casual reading, but if you want to get informed...
We're there any allegations about his time in India?

Wait and see, don't get sucked in.
I’m not getting sucked in but the boys home it relates to was very well publicised some years ago and there were allegations of an “old boys club” were some high profile figures were rumoured to have been involved. This is one case where the abused has decided to go public.
As you say let’s wait and see if it gets covered up just like Andrews was eh ?

We're there any allegations about his time in India?
Yes. His time as viceroy and the handing over of power and the partition are dealt with in depth. The author explores the allegations then and later with a degree of sympathy and we're left thinking that regardless of the competence or otherwise of the bloke, the whole thing was a poisoned chalice anyway. Haven't read any other views on that handover, though, so can't comment. What is astounding is that the principal players were all in each others knickers!

I’m not getting sucked in but the boys home it relates to was very well publicised some years ago and there were allegations of an “old boys club” were some high profile figures were rumoured to have been involved. This is one case where the abused has decided to go public.
So was Andrews covered up or did he pay? I thought he paid!

There are so many rumours about his visits to Donegal.

Hope any victims get the justice they deserve.

I’m still not clear what the allegations are, and I don’t really want to read a book on it. Is Mountbatten being accused of being a child molester?

I’m still not clear what the allegations are, and I don’t really want to read a book on it. Is Mountbatten being accused of being a child molester
Yes
There was a scandal in Ireland where the young boys of kincora boys home were abused by high profile figures for years and he is accused of being one of them. Boys were brought to his house.
It’s not a new allegation.

Latest posts

Back