quick simple 1 gallon wine kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biddyG

Reaction score
hi,
did this today hope it turnes out good :hmm:
kit.jpg

the kit

bagofjuice.jpg

the concentrate

addedwaterandoakchips.jpg

added water and oak chips

addedyeast.jpg

added yeast

putawaytofermentonelelcticblanket.jpg

put it away on an electric blanket

Firstly nice pics. :thumb:
Secondly i wouldnt reccomend making a 6 bottle wine kit in a 5 gallon FV.
The beaverdale kits are good kits, i recently made one and was very happy with the results. But if you are planning on making anymore 6 bottle kit i would concider getting yourself a couple of DJ's.

Davesiv

hi,
i probably have to much of an air space in the 5 gallon FV planing on getting more DJs in the new year, will try a 5 gallon if this is nice :D

merry Christmas every body :D

racked the kit from the 5 gallon fv into a new dj, picked up 2 ds's and this press last week
it just needed a little clean and its like new, that pic was taken before i cleaned it when i picked it up.
new_press.jpg

rackedoutof5galonFVintodj.jpg

added the stabiliser, it tastes good and smells nice

addedstabiliser.jpg

Hi there,

very interested to find out how your merlot turns out, I have not tried a red wine kit as yet, keep us posted,

cheers

Jack

hi Jack
its my first red kit too, and only my second ever wine kit to make, i think it will turn out pretty good, so far so good :D
will keep posting :D

bottled the kit today and iam having a glass now the wine turned out awesome except for the labels

merlot.jpg

The labels are something you can work on mate. The post important thing is youve produced 6 bottles of wine your happy to drink. :thumb: Next you will be trying your hand at some country wines. One word of advice, try to keep red wines in dark bottles.

corby_brewer said:
One word of advice, try to keep red wines in dark bottles.
Or store them out of the light.

Of course, that only applies if any are likely to be kept for a few months.

Nice one biddyG :thumb:

Latest posts

Back