R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comedian and impersonator Mike Yarwood has died aged 82, the Royal Variety Charity has announced.
Yarwood became a household name in the 1960s and 1970s with his impressions of politicians and other celebrities.

I remember the Bolton team of old school players. Hopkinson in goal Hartle and Farrimond, napier and Allardyce then there was Phillips, Hill, Wynne Davies the man himself Franny , the biggest crowd i saw at the old Burnden Park was over 63'000 against Newcastle

RIP Matthew Perry aka Chandler Bing. Only 54 years old, apparently drowned at home. Big part of millions of people's lives, sadly various addictions plagued his life. This is very sad 😔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231029_091325_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231029_091325_Samsung Internet.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
Sad news.

Drowned in his hot tub, in his own memoirs he said he had problems with addictions and mental health it will be a shame if that ended his life early.

Last edited:
I guess l most of us here will find this a bit of a shock -
"In his memoir, he recounted how he had spent $7m in total trying to get sober, attended 6,000 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, had 15 stints in rehab, and gone to therapy twice a week for 30 years"

Two-week coma

Meanwhile, his addictions and health problems reached a crisis point in 2018.
His colon "exploded" due to opiate abuse, requiring seven-hour surgery and meaning he was was given a 2% chance of making it through the first night. He did, but spent the next two weeks in a coma.
"I had all but killed myself," he later wrote. "I had never been a partier - taking all those drugs, and it was a lot of drugs, was just a futile attempt to feel better."
In his memoir, he recounted how he had spent $7m in total trying to get sober, attended 6,000 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, had 15 stints in rehab, and gone to therapy twice a week for 30 years.
It was a high price for those deep-rooted insecurities that weren't fixed by huge fame. But that won't obscure the impact he made with his talent.
He will long be fondly remembered by fans of Friends, on which he wore both his flaws and his natural comic brilliance on his sleeve.

BBC News.

Former England manager Terry Venables has died at the age of 80 after a long illness.

1701003011573.png

Venables managed England from 1994 to 1996, most notably leading them to the semi-finals of Euro 96 on home soil.
He also had spells in charge of Barcelona, Tottenham and Australia.

"We are totally devastated by the loss of a wonderful husband and father who passed away peacefully yesterday after a long illness," read a family statement.

"We would ask that privacy be given at this incredibly sad time to allow us to mourn the loss of this lovely man who we were so lucky to have had in our lives."

The League Managers Association said: "The LMA is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of LMA member and former LMA president Terry Venables.

"Our thoughts are very much with Yvette and all of Terry's family at this time."

As a player, midfielder Venables won two England caps and made more than 500 appearances between 1960 and 1975, largely for Chelsea, QPR and Tottenham.

BBC News

Former England manager Terry Venables has died at the age of 80 after a long illness.

View attachment 92359

Venables managed England from 1994 to 1996, most notably leading them to the semi-finals of Euro 96 on home soil.
He also had spells in charge of Barcelona, Tottenham and Australia.

"We are totally devastated by the loss of a wonderful husband and father who passed away peacefully yesterday after a long illness," read a family statement.

"We would ask that privacy be given at this incredibly sad time to allow us to mourn the loss of this lovely man who we were so lucky to have had in our lives."

The League Managers Association said: "The LMA is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of LMA member and former LMA president Terry Venables.

"Our thoughts are very much with Yvette and all of Terry's family at this time."

As a player, midfielder Venables won two England caps and made more than 500 appearances between 1960 and 1975, largely for Chelsea, QPR and Tottenham.

BBC News
Another sad day for football, rest in peace terry. 😞

Latest posts

Back