R.I.P Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Johnny Johnson, last surviving British member of 617 Squadron - Dam Buster bomb aimer. Mission complete Sir.

1670523662649.png

A sad loss, great memories of seeing them live, back in the day once in 1980 at Coventry Odeon as it was then and a few years later in Birmingham, when Hugh Cornwell wound the crowd up. Heard all the classics on both night. Also a sad loss recently Wilko Johnson originally with Dr Feelgood but a great guitarist look him up on YouTube.

Hi-de-Hi! star Ruth Madoc was forced to quit a panto role in Torquay earlier this week following a fall, and died while in hospital after undergoing surgery.

1670676318101.png

Phil Belfield of talent agency Belfield & Ward Ltd, described Ruth Madoc as "one of a kind and a unique talent loved by many".

He said: "It is with much sadness that we have to announce the death of our dear and much loved client Ruth Madoc.

"Ruth passed away on the afternoon of Friday 9 December while in hospital following surgery for a fall she had earlier in the week, which had led her to have to withdraw from panto in Torquay.

"From film work such as Fiddler On The Roof and Under Milk Wood with Richard Burton and her iconic TV performance as Gladys Pugh in Hi De Hi! and more recently in Little Britain and on stage with Calendar Girls (the play and the musical), plus recent acclaim in short films Skinny Fat and Cardiff, she was truly a national treasure and was looking forward to getting back on the road in 2023 with The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

"A real legend of the British entertainment scene, she was one of a kind and a unique talent loved by many. She is gone far too soon. Our hearts are broken!

"Thoughts are with her daughter Lowri, her son Rhys and all of her family."

https://news.sky.com/story/hi-de-hi-actress-ruth-madoc-dies-aged-79-12765415

RIP Terry Hall, very sad news.
dang, a bad month with jet black and ruth madoc too.

It's a reminder when you get to a certain stage in your life to make every day count. e.g Apparently I am the no1 visitor to the pilot this year on untapped ashock1
so that's an unique achievement (especially since the wi-fi is more often down than up and mobile receptions isn't too great either.)

I'll be cycling to the pilot shortly with a couple of choons from the above and if anyone says hello to me whilst on the cycle path i'll respond with a hi-di-hi

As we get older time becomes precious and only more so when it is close to home.
My sincere condolences Chippy

John Bird: Actor and comedian dies aged 86

1672237121809.png

Actor and comedian John Bird has died aged 86, his representatives have confirmed.
Bird was part of the TV satire boom of the 1960s, and well known for his many appearances opposite John Fortune.
The pair memorably appeared alongside Rory Bremner in the Channel 4 TV series Bremner, Bird and Fortune.
Co-star Bremner led the tributes to Bird. In a statement. he described him as "modest and self-effacing" and "one of the greatest satirists".
The satirical show ran for 16 series, as well as one-off specials, between 1999 and 2008, and was nominated for several Bafta TV Awards.
Bremner added that seeing Bird and fellow star John Fortune working together was the "highlight" of his life and he would "marvel at the genius of it all".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertai...&at_campaign_type=owned&at_bbc_team=editorial
1672237237370.png

1672341317332.png

Brazilian football legend Pele, arguably the greatest player ever, has died at the age of 82.

He is credited with scoring a world record 1,281 goals in 1,363 appearances during a 21-year career, including 77 goals in 92 matches for his country.
The only player to win the World Cup three times, lifting the trophy in 1958, 1962 and 1970, Pele was named Fifa's Player of the Century in 2000.

He had been suffering with kidney and prostate problems in recent years.

Pele had surgery to remove a tumour from his colon in September 2021 at the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo, after the tumour was detected in routine tests. He was readmitted to hospital in late November 2022.

His daughter Kely Nascimento has kept fans updated on her father's condition with regular social media updates from hospital.

On Thursday she posted a picture of what appeared to be Pele's family's hands on his body in hospital and wrote: "Everything we are is thanks to you. We love you infinitely. Rest in peace."

Latest posts

Back