RANT!!!!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaman7117

Reaction score
Before I start please do not take any of this to heart and if I offend anyone I apologise.

So just got my brew stuff ordered yesterday and got the email to say delivery today. I waited and kept checking the tracking status. About 1.30 pm it changed from pending to delivered ..... Well its not here. So I went on to the carriers web site and there is a signature and apparently it has been delivered . i work with 9 other people and none of them took in the delivery. So I contacted the carrier only to be told ( by three people no less) that yes the parcel was delivered. I f@#%&ng know that but its not here. Three times I had to explain that. So it turns out the parcel was delivered a few streets away, so I went down to the place it was delivered to. Well there it was in a pool of syrup about 4ft wide. F@#£. Kindly they put it in a box to help me move it. I got it home to find that nearly £130 worth of beer,cider and wine kits completely ruined. :x contacted the carrier and told to contact seller who is now closed.

I am f@#£%ng raging. I was going to be doing a major brew day tomorrow and now its f@#£ed.

Again sorry for the rant but i needed to vent.

I

If they were kits I take it the syrup was in tins, how did these get "broken".

Yeah it looks like the tw@ who delivered it either dropped it or set about it with a bat.
The syrup has seeped into the lids of the beer cider kits and ruined the paper/foil yeast satchets. The wine which came in a plastic drum is cracked and has leaked everywhere. The beer and cider cans have split top to bottom at the seem.

take some pictures to help the retailer make a claim against the delivery firm.

Hopefully they will resolve it quickly for you.

I took some photos whilst I unboxed it. I was just wanting to return the whole box but I doubt any carrier would take it back given the state of it. Suppose I'll have to wait until the seller opens his/her email today. Any way its friday , its brew day and I finish work at 6 then no work until monday .

:cheers:

It looks like it has been dropped from a fair height. Still waiting for the seller to get back to me it is only just gone 9 so I guess they will soon.

We all know boxes are loaded at 15ft of the van doors.... a heavy one requires two throws.

mattyhall22 said:
Just out pf interest it wasnt " My hermes" that delivered it was it?

Had loads of issues with them! :evil:

Should that be "My Hermes that DIDN'T deliver"?

I was thinking it would be UPS, which many of my friends call "OOPS" for their rather impressive degree of incompetence. This is a company that failed to find a building with its own unique postcode four days in a row.

I know others have had problems with both CityLink and FedEx as well. I now usually specify "Royal Mail/ParcelForce Only" when I do online orders.

Was it Yodel?

Twice I have ended up with Yodel by mistake, once the item was 'delivered' and signed for, by me allegedly, at 11:30pm to my office. The second time, it just disappeared.

When I find out a company uses Yodel, I won't use them, I also email to let them know I won't use their shop unless they can offer a different carrier.

Believe it or not it was parcel force ( parcel farce now!)
I logged a complaint with customer service and sent photos. The sender has been sent the photos too. They were excellent and have agreed to resend damaged articles. ( don't know if I'm allowed to name them) but hat. s off to them I'm very impressed with their customer service.

Sounds like great customer service and you should name them and give them the thumbs up! After all it was Parcel Farce that delivered it to the wrong place and probably damaged it anyway. :cheers:

Glad it got sorted. Problems do happen, but the difference between a good company and a bad one is how they sort problems and complaints. :hat:

Latest posts

Back