Recipe help.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSkull

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum. I've brewed wine and mead previously, but my husbands normally the beer brewer!

We are UK based in the West Midlands - 'The Black Country'.

I'm trying desperately to find a recipe to produce a real ale with ginger flavour - not alcoholic ginger beer. If anyone has tried an ale called "Enville Ginger" - this is what I'm after!

Would really appreciate any recipes or ideas if folk are willing to share. X

I'm trying desperately to find a recipe to produce a real ale with ginger flavour - not alcoholic ginger beer. If anyone has tried an ale called "Enville Ginger" - this is what I'm after!

The Greg Hughes book Brew Your Own Beer has a recipe called Ginger Beer that is described as "This brew is more like an ale with added ginger than a traditional ginger beer, it's distinct spicy character is complemented by the citrus qualities of the galaxy hops"

Freshly grated ginger is added for the last 15 mins of the boil

It is very good book. Buy it, it won't disappoint.

If you would like a preview 😁 this is what you can expect...

20230601_084836.jpg

Please let us know how our goes.

Hi,

New to the forum. I've brewed wine and mead previously, but my husbands normally the beer brewer!

We are UK based in the West Midlands - 'The Black Country'.

Would really appreciate any recipes or ideas if folk are willing to share. X
Have a look at brewersfriend.com, click on search beer recipes, there are loads that use ginger

Apologise for Hijacking this thread but does anyone have a " cold ipa " recipe, never tried one before but really like the sound of it

Isn't Cold Ipa just the new hip name for the India Pale Lager that was trendy a few years ago?
Not seen that before sounds very similar yes, from what I've gathered. Pale ale grain bill with the addition of rice or some other adjuncts to make a highly fermentable mash then fermented with Lager yeast. Not 100% sure hence the advice request

Have a look at brewersfriend.com recipes, there’s several cold IPAs

Have a look at brewersfriend.com recipes, there’s several cold IPAs

It looks like Mrs Skull may not have seen any of the answers unless she viewed them as a guest, if that was the case a quick log in to thank members would have been a nice gesture.

MrsSkull

Joined May 29, 2023
Last seen May 29, 2023

Back