Recomendation for Water Analysis

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little off topic - For anyone supplied by Affinity Water, they seem to provide a potentially useful water report / analysis.
This is for the Woking area (other areas are available) - https://www.affinitywater.co.uk/docs/water-quality/AF066.pdf

That said, I know virtually zero about water treatment for brewing so do not know if the report contains all that is needed, but hopefully useful all the same for anyone in the area.

This is an example why these reports are never a good idea. The main parameters we need to know are taken from at least 8 different samples with higher and lower numbers how do you know what your water is, You would probably pick the mean figure but that would be guess work. Some reports I have seen have even greater variations.

This is an example why these reports are never a good idea. The main parameters we need to know are taken from at least 8 different samples with higher and lower numbers how do you know what your water is, You would probably pick the mean figure but that would be guess work. Some reports I have seen have even greater variations.

Hi Trueblue

Would you say that a water report such as this is basically useless or that it may still offer some value in the absence of a specific analysis / report of my households water ?

Also, have heard that some people are using pure water services such as this About the Company - SpotlessWater
I assume that you treat the water as essentially a blank slate and add minerals. etc. to suit the particular brew you are doing.
Any thoughts on this approach ?

Hi Trueblue

Would you say that a water report such as this is basically useless or that it may still offer some value in the absence of a specific analysis / report of my households water ?

Also, have heard that some people are using pure water services such as this About the Company - SpotlessWater
I assume that you treat the water as essentially a blank slate and add minerals. etc. to suit the particular brew you are doing.
Any thoughts on this approach ?

What I am trying to say is these reports are very generic. You might be lucky and what is coming out of your tap is close to the mean average but the only way you will know is have your water properly tested. To be honest I have seen some reports a lot more vague than your one. As I said earlier I get my water tested yearly by Phoenix analytical, last one was £26 I think, and treat my water accordingly.

Latest posts

Back