Recommended me an AG kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've been tasked with suggesting an AG kit for my wife to buy me for my upcoming birthday. I thought this would be a good opportunity to brew something a bit different. I'm thinking of an ale with cirtus flavours (grapefruit?), or something that is away from a normal bitter - maybe something with unusual hops? Anyone any suggestions for good,unusual kits you've brewed? I'm going to look at CML later, and some other shops.

I typically brew 12l batches, so thinking of splitting a kit if it has to be for a 23l brew.

Cheers

If you are going to split it, be aware that some kits have mix of grains in 1 bag that will make it impossible to split
Eg. The porter kit I got for Xmas has 2 X 3kg grain bags.
One is all base malt - probably Maris otter by the look of it.
Second bag has about 2kg base malt & a couple of layers of crystal and dark malt.

I believe at least one supplier will ship 10l all grain kits, maybe pick 2 of those instead on 1

Here is a picture of the grains in my at kit.
The Mrs got it for me at Christmas so we could try a style that was different from my usual brew.
Bag on the left is mixed.
IMG_20220213_000045.jpg

If you are going to split it, be aware that some kits have mix of grains in 1 bag that will make it impossible to split
Eg. The porter kit I got for Xmas has 2 X 3kg grain bags.
One is all base malt - probably Maris otter by the look of it.
Second bag has about 2kg base malt & a couple of layers of crystal and dark malt.

I believe at least one supplier will ship 10l all grain kits, maybe pick 2 of those instead on 1
Good point, thx. 👍

Back