Removed from Brewday Post

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
And dont forget - Plastic is fantastic

If there is an issue regards plastic v any other type of homebrew gear/material, could you please start a separate post where it can be discussed on it's individual merits.

Thank you.

Great brewday post as always LL :thumb: Hope it turns out to be a great beer.

One thing that i'd like to say, and I apologise for mentioning it on a brewday thread, (i'll split this off if there are any / many responses) is the sly comments that seem to be creeping in which may lead to a plastic / shiny is better feud or a new is better than old method feud. This is utterly ridiculous, we are all home/craft brewers, why members feel the need to make comments which in an underhand way slate the way other people brew is beyond me! And frankly, i'd say, grow up.

If you brew from kits - you are welcome here
If you brew with plastic - you are welcome here
If you brew with shiny - you are welcome here
If you brew with HERMS / RIMS - you are welcome here
If you are commercial - you are welcome here

What i'd say is dont be sly with your comments, man up for goodness sake and if you have a problem with the way someone else brews......tell them. I stopped hiding when I was 5.

There are loads of other homebrew forum's out there if you dont like what you see here. :thumb: I can send you the links if you need them.

Wez said:
Great brewday post as always LL :thumb: Hope it turns out to be a great beer.

One thing that i'd like to say, and I apologise for mentioning it on a brewday thread, (i'll split this off if there are any / many responses) is the sly comments that seem to be creeping in which may lead to a plastic / shiny is better feud or a new is better than old method feud. This is utterly ridiculous, we are all home/craft brewers, why members feel the need to make comments which in an underhand way slate the way other people brew is beyond me! And frankly, i'd say, grow up.
I must say that I am shocked and amazed at your response to this thread.I've obviously touched a nerve.
There is enough conflict in everyday life without carrying onto brewing forums and I don't want to turn this into a slagging match.I made a harmless comment about my set up (plastic and proud) which I thought nothing of at the time. [/

If you brew from kits - you are welcome here
If you brew with plastic - you are welcome here
If you brew with shiny - you are welcome here
If you brew with HERMS / RIMS - you are welcome here
If you are commercial - you are welcome here

I HAVE NEVER knocked anyone's set up or methods,only praising others systems and methods.(PLASTIC,SNINY,HERMS etc)Check my posts and have a look.
What i'd say is dont be sly with your comments, man up for goodness sake and if you have a problem with the way someone else brews......tell them. I stopped hiding when I was 5.

I will not lower myself to answer the above personal attack.

There are loads of other homebrew forum's out there if you dont like what you see here. :thumb: I can send you the links if you need them.

Thanks but no thanks for your kind offer,but am very capable at finding my way around the internet.

As I said at the beginning of my brewday thread I wasn't going to include photo's,but I felt it might be of interest to someone.
Probably won't bother anymore as it only adds to the length of the day.

I have always enjoyed being part of this forum and will now have to think about any future involvement as I don't feel I should have to defend myself against attacks like this.

For the avoidance of doubt, it certainly isn't a personal attack. It's a general request.

Actually, my post wasn't directed at you at all. It just happens to be your brewday thread contained posts (not by you) which wound a few people up ;)

edit- probably more true to say there are several threads with comments which have wound people up.

It's the accumulative effect over lots of threads which isn't helpful. It makes the forum read as if we look down on anyone who brews with plastic. Which as you know is not true at all, so it baffles us why it keeps cropping up.

LL sorry about the thread hijack, as soon as I can I will split the thread as promised.

PS I use a plastic HLT and until it broke I used a plastic coolbox tun I have a SS boiler but I prefer to think that my skill or lack thereof will dictate how good or bad mybeer is.

Wez said:
For the avoidance of doubt, it certainly isn't a personal attack. It's a general request.

Actually, my post wasn't directed at you at all. It just happens to be your brewday thread contained posts (not by you) which wound a few people up ;)

edit- probably more true to say there are several threads with comments which have wound people up.

Wez said:
It's the accumulative effect over lots of threads which isn't helpful. It makes the forum read as if we look down on anyone who brews with plastic. Which as you know is not true at all, so it baffles us why it keeps cropping up.

LL sorry about the thread hijack, as soon as I can I will split the thread as promised.

PS I use a plastic HLT and until it broke I used a plastic coolbox tun I have a SS boiler but I prefer to think that my skill or lack thereof will dictate how good or bad mybeer is.
[/quote]

I view most threads and can't really see where you are coming from on this :wha:
I've not noticed these threads you mention about any sort of criticism either way.I think you are making more of it by your comments,surely this is the best way of highlighting it.
Whose getting wound up :?:

I NEVER intended this to happen when I posted my brewday.
I brew for fun and couldn't give a ship how or what others do. it bothers me not.
Perhaps I'm missing something,but maybe some are seeing things in posts that are not really there.

Happy brewing everyone.Whatever your set up is. :thumb:

I can understand this being moved to a separate thread.But why is it hidden away down here?

Surely a better place for it would be"Beer brewing discussions"
After all its what this is all about,or maybe "General beer brewing equipment discussion"

I feel these 2 options would be a better place for it.

I have no problem with that.

Will move shortly.

I can see why wez whos role to monitor the forum and nip anything potentially harmful in the bud said what he said.

I can see why llannige took offence at that and saw it the way he did.

I am new here and know no-one in this forum but it is clear wez thought he was doing the right thing and obviously didnt see that it could have been seen by llannige the way he did see it. Wez has now cleared that up.

I also agree with llannige that it probably isnt necessary to bring up such concerns on his post and wezs comments were aggressive (edit: Could easily be viewed ott based on the thread in question but probably so due to a culmination from other threads) . As we have now seen it has only made the situation worse.

Wez was doing the right thing, but it didnt work. Maybe there are better ways to do it.

Being new to all-grain brewing I have plastic. However I do aspire to have some nice big shinny kit! Some people are happy with what they have. Everyone is different but......... I do not think anyone with shinny looks down on thoses with plastic and I dont think anyone with plastic is jealous or thinks that they do. Chances are most people with shinny started on plastic and as everyone here is a decent person who is here because of a shared passion for brewing, they accept all that take part whatever size or style. From what I have seen here that is true, everyone is so helpful and any plastic v shinny comments that are made are of such small concern, they will never escalte and are probably only made in jest anyway with a degree of friendliness.

So I say this: Let us all move on, drop this, and if anyone in future posts were to mention anything that may appear discriminating to your brewing material then lets ignore it and it will wash away and we wont enter in to a negative posting session, as we are all here to enjoy :D

:hmm:

Don't see the problem, knock something up for £50 (or less) or craft something for £500 (or more) then make beer, who cares? It is fair to say that, in the main, plastic bits will be used by almost all who are new to extract/AG brewing and many will never move away from plastic.

I think some people are far too easilly upset :wha:

Would this be better placed in the snug/pm? Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy evangelism but I don't think this is the kind of issue that will benefit from having everyone stick their oar in. Like I am now.

leondz said:
I don't think this is the kind of issue that will benefit from having everyone stick their oar in. Like I am now.

:lol: that made me laugh out loud!!! I hope people can still have a bit of banter though - everyone on this forum has made me welcome (not one southerner joke - as a lot of you guys are from up north) it would be a shame to spoil the great atmosphere this site has with people worrying about there posts IF no harm is meant? look at the moley spelling / grammar posts - great fun ! I feel admin do a great job and i enjoy the time on the forum as much as i do brewing and thats what we all have in common .......... so c`mon guys :drink: :drink: :drink: :drunk:

thats my two pence worth :thumb:

everyone on this forum has made me welcome (not one southerner joke - as a lot of you guys are from up north)

Im a southerner too and every knows southerners are better than northerners! :D :rofl:

rickthebrew said:
Look at the moley spelling / grammar posts - great fun !
Oh dear, that's not going to go away in any sort of a hurry, is it? :oops:

Just as long as you all know not to take me too seriously, especially at the weekend when I'm off duty. :thumb:

PS: That should be a capital M ;)

PPS: Any dentists on this forum? I hate you all. Barstewards!

Moley.
(Curently drinking Fruity Pink Wurzel - through a straw!)

(Not from oop Norf, very much in the middle, and Essex is sort of vaguely South-East, so you are excused fom being a Southern Jessie).

Bugger! Should have gone to SpecSavers, it's Exeter!

Still not reallly Southern though, oo arr, that be West Country, zoider country. :cheers:

Moley said:
Oh dear, that's not going to go away in any sort of a hurry, is it? :oops:

Just as long as you all know not to take me too seriously, especially at the weekend when I'm off duty. :cheers:

see!!! sorry :oops: See great banter!!!

I would love to go for a pint or six with Moley to discuss the breakdown of modern society :thumb:

Cheers M :cheers:

robsan77 said:
everyone on this forum has made me welcome (not one southerner joke - as a lot of you guys are from up north)

Im a southerner too and every knows southerners are better than northerners! :D :rofl:

Hmmm - looks like I need to improve the forum cloaking device as it is obviously not working below watford :wha: :lol:

Yawn.......

My brewery contains a mix of SS, Plastic, and Aluminium.

So there, I've covered all the bases!

Who cares what you use? It's the quality of the beer which is important.
After all, you don't go to a restaurant and cross examine the waiter and chef as to what equipment they use in the kitchen. You just enjoy the food for what it is. Same with beer, in my view.

rickthebrew said:
leondz said:
I don't think this is the kind of issue that will benefit from having everyone stick their oar in. Like I am now.

:lol: that made me laugh out loud!!! I hope people can still have a bit of banter though - everyone on this forum has made me welcome (not one southerner joke - as a lot of you guys are from up north) it would be a shame to spoil the great atmosphere this site has with people worrying about there posts IF no harm is meant? look at the moley spelling / grammar posts - great fun ! I feel admin do a great job and i enjoy the time on the forum as much as i do brewing and thats what we all have in common .......... so c`mon guys :drink: :drink: :drink: :drunk:

thats my two pence worth :thumb:

Lets get things straight here.

I'm was not worrying about my post.It was the response that came from it that I took issue with.

I never said that admin did not do a good job. :wha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back