Removing Wine Labels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow47

Regular.
Reaction score
What's the best was to completely remove wine labels from bottles of store bought wine? Any tips would be great! Thanks

:cheers:

There are no rules, all labels differ, some will float off with hot water, some can be peeled off if you fill the bottle with hot water and keep the label dry.

With many others, you may manage to scrape all the paper off but will then have to use scourers and/or solvents to try to shift the glue.

And then there are some which are attached with the same stuff that NASA use for fixing the heat tiles to the shuttle.

Trouble is, you can never tell which is which.

Bottles are free, if a label is being stubborn, chuck that bottle back in the recycling and move onto the next.

As pr Moley i soak in water, some fly off, others require a bit of peeling, any glue left i use a cloth with white spirit on, when you use the labels that just need wetting to stick you wont have any trouble ever again!!! :D

I Soak 'em in cold water overnight outside..... if they dont peel off after that i recycle!!

I now know which labels come off which bottles the easiest and am now fussy when collecting from friends/relatives....

Latest posts

Back