Sparge water heater

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveg

Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents,
I’ve bought a 40l Grainfather water heater and it’s been delivered this morning. After opening and assembling it I noticed a hole where the heating bulb should be. Now, I’ve messaged the place I bought it from but they’re shut till Monday and I was wondering if anyone knew what type of LED bulb it is so maybe I could fix it myself.
I removed the bottom access plate and found the bulb etc dangling around inside. Broken .Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Did you take pictures as you went. (Before you fiddle with anything).
If it's 2nd hand, then I'm sure someone more informed than me will help you fix it.

If it's new and you paid full price, I would send pictures of damage back to the supplier & ask how to proceed. Either a replacement, or cash back for damage you need to fix yourself.

Did you take pictures as you went. (Before you fiddle with anything).
If it's 2nd hand, then I'm sure someone more informed than me will help you fix it.

If it's new and you paid full price, I would send pictures of damage back to the supplier & ask how to proceed. Either a replacement, or cash back for damage you need to fix yourself.
Thanks for the reply. I was just about to add a post saying what I’d done. I’ve messaged the seller but they aren’t open till Monday apparently and I’ve also messaged Grainfather asking about the fitting itself. Anyway after boxing it back up and twiddling my thumbs for a while I decided to have a look and lo and behold it was an easy fix, not that I should have been fixing anything! The bulb holder that you see on the outside was broken off the main body which is just a tube with a thread and nut. The bulb itself was fine. A dab of super glue and a bit of fiddling and it’s done. The bulb just pushes in from the inside. Although I’m still annoyed, I’m glad I had another look and managed to fix it.

Back