Replace S30 post with ball lock post on corny?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic-Music

Reaction score
Hi,

After a number of brews messing about with pressure barrels, just over a year ago I decided to go for a proper corny/kegerator setup. I got one of the Chinese 23l kegs with S30 inlet, and it's been fine, but I want to add more kegs and go to a proper bottle/regulator system.

Is it possible to directly replace the S30 in post with a standard ball lock post? Or will the hole be the wrong size? (I've see a replacement lid on eBay that has a ball lock post as well as a safety valve, but they're around 20 quid which seems a bit steep compared to about 6 for the post alone...)

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Hi!
I don't have any experience of the S30 kegs, but I can't imagine that the kegs would be modified to take a different post - more likely that the S30 post is modified to fit the thread on the keg. Some kegs have the same thread on both posts. Try the beer out post on the gas in thread, but do it carefully.

im sure (but dont quote me on this) there is an adapter to connect straight to the s30 from the gas line so no ball lock post needed i shal look and post a link if i find it

Here's the top of my keg:

20170311_105318.jpg

I'm thinking to just get the adaptor from Brewingathome, as it will save faffing with the posts :)

dont s30 adapted corny kegs have standard co2 posts anyway and have the s30 valve in the place of the usual prv in the lid???

Not seen one like that before ;) the posts gas in and product out screw onto a lip of formed ss skin with the general ex soda syrup kegs and are considered 'risky' to service due to the risk of mis-aligning and ruining the thread/seal. so can you mate the current male thread of the s30 valve in to seal a gas in post and support its poppet. im not sure of the s30 thread spec but corny post specs can vary some depending on brand https://www.kegoutlet.com/how-can-i-tell-what-type-of-posts-will-fit-on-my-corny-keg.html

Back