• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement Wine Screw caps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIGJIM72 said:
Payment & address sent. Nice one Bob,these look the mutt's nuts.

Thanks Jim. I have used them for my last 100+ bottles and they are so easy to use. I can't understand why HB shops don't stock them. They are perfect for use on re used screw top bottles.

Bob,
These look absolutely brilliant! At last, a way to reuse screw top bottles and keep the the recycling bin lighter!.
I'm a bit new to this forum lark, and this is the first time I've ever posted, how do I get my paws on some?

Cheers, Jon.

denishoffman said:
Hi bob if you don't mind me asking where do you buy the screw top bottles from

Mine come from the Sunday Times Wine Club, mainly. Such a chore having to drink the contents just so I can put my stuff in them!

Oldstunty - PM me with your contact details and send me £14 and 100 are yours. If you look at the first post the details are there. I do prefer BACS payment but if you must I do also accept cheques or Paypal. :thumb:

Apart from subscribing to The Sunday Times Wine Club you can get screw top bottles just about everywhere these days. In fact they are easier to get than cork bottles. I ask friends, raid recycling bins etc. I have more bottles than I can fill. :lol:

bobsbeer said:
Oldstunty - PM me with your contact details and send me £14 and 100 are yours. If you look at the first post the details are there. I do prefer BACS payment but if you must I do also accept cheques or Paypal. :thumb:

Apart from subscribing to The Sunday Times Wine Club you can get screw top bottles just about everywhere these days. In fact they are easier to get than cork bottles. I ask friends, raid recycling bins etc. I have more bottles than I can fill. :lol:

Bob,
£14 is on its way, even as I type. :drunk: :drunk:

Cheers,
jon.

UPDATE - The caps ordered to date should go out in the next day or so. The mailing bags I ordered are slightly delayed but should be with me in the next day or so.

Thanks

Looks like you have just solved a problem I had

I can get as many screw top bottles as I want from my friends wine bar but was told that if I made an expensive kit wine that it needed to be corked tso I could age it in the bottles as the screw version does not last well

So does this mean that I could now use these caps to age the wine ( I mean a few months in the bottle) and that would mean I could store them standing outside in the shed rather than flat on a rack

So many questions from a noob sorry

The short answer is yes. These caps are used by commercial wineries albeit in Australia and because you don't need expensive machinery to apply them they are now becoming popular with home wine makers. But don't take my word for it. Give Novatwist a google. I have yet to find a bottle they don't fit.

UPDATE - Thanks for the wait. The shipping bags finally arrived. All orders paid to date have been bagged and will be in the post on Monday. Sorry for the wait, but I think you will find it was worth it :thumb:

Hi Bob

Looks like I cant pm you as I am a noob

I would like 100 30/70 if you can split them like that gold/black

Can you mail me the details for payment.

Paypal is easier for me as I have money in it

Gassman said:
Hi Bob

Looks like I cant pm you as I am a noob
I would like 100 30/70 if you can split them like that gold/black
Can you mail me the details for payment.
Paypal is easier for me as I have money in it
I have tried to pm you. Hope you can receive pm's. :D No problem mixing an order.

UPDATE - All the paid orders to date have been dispatched. I've sent them via My Hermes in the end as I bumped into a jobsworth at the post office who wanted to charge £5.26 second class. Needless to say I told her what I thought about that, and promptly went to My Hermes. So you should have them in a couple of days.

bobsbeer said:
UPDATE - All the paid orders to date have been dispatched. I've sent them via My Hermes in the end as I bumped into a jobsworth at the post office who wanted to charge £5.26 second class. Needless to say I told her what I thought about that, and promptly went to My Hermes. So you should have them in a couple of days.

The post office prices have recently been revamped and it's surprising just how much postage is costing now :shock:

No wonder they are losing money. The woman yesterday was trying her hardest to ensure the parcels didn't go Small Packet at £2.60. :evil: :evil:

Back