RO water unit storage advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40634

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve just set-up my Vyair RO system but only intend to use it about every six weeks. I’m not sure how best to store it between brews. Should I leave water in the filters or drain it?

I’ll boil the wort of course so I don’t think bacteria is an issue more the life of the filters.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I keep it always completely sealed off at the input and the output, and filled with water. I think the manual specified that you should never drain it.
Yes that’s what I do too: keep it full but sealed off. It’ll be fine like that: just remember to run it for 5min with the bypass valve open the next time you use it, and then chuck away the first half litre or so of RO after that.

Yes that’s what I do too: keep it full but sealed off. It’ll be fine like that: just remember to run it for 5min with the bypass valve open the next time you use it, and then chuck away the first half litre or so of RO after that.
Thanks for the advice, it’s appreciated
I keep it always completely sealed off at the input and the output, and filled with water. I think the manual specified that you should never drain it.
thanks
Thanks for that, that’s appreciated

Back