Robobrew - Can I do 10 litres?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asherweef

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im eagerly anticipating my new Robobrew from Angel Homebrew in the next couple of weeks but I have some grain left over for stovetop brewing which will make 2 batches (of different beers) of 10 litres each.

Is there any way to brew a 10l batch or do I need to either do 2 more stovetops or buy additional grain to make a full size batch?

Hi all,

Im eagerly anticipating my new Robobrew from Angel Homebrew in the next couple of weeks but I have some grain left over for stovetop brewing which will make 2 batches (of different beers) of 10 litres each.

Is there any way to brew a 10l batch or do I need to either do 2 more stovetops or buy additional grain to make a full size batch?
I don't see why not, try a full volume mash and check your efficiency at the same. Make sure you know your boil off rate beforehand, and check the temperature calibration.

The Robobrew is quite a narrow vessel, so you will get away with a 10l batch volume. The overflow pipe may be too high even at the lowest setting, but I wouldn't worry about that.

I don't use my overflow in mine at all now and just plug the hole in the bottom mash plate with a 1/4" BSP bolt.

Great thanks, I’ll give it a whirl (although not sure about the overflow pipe as I haven’t seen it yet, sure it will click when I do!)

Back