Rodcx500 brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...plus you could swap it if you broke it or if you wanted to be like those mutton headed wenches on soshalmeeeju...you could get a great big fat one.

First brew for a month false Vienna larger v2 second time doing this it’s very good Brewfather ignor the 28g of magnum should be 15
242D8A21-81FA-4CB2-8EF0-61E36F78BC38.jpeg

Last edited:
Today i am having a mare brewing cml gamma ray twist, first to go wrong was set up i was watching the new pup she was having a mad un running round the yard i got half the grain in and realised the grain basket was not in aheadbutt cleaned it all out and grain basket in away we go mash is on, turned round and the bottom plate of the kettle is looking at me from the table were i left it after cleaning aheadbutt that will go in after the sparge or i will use a hop bag for the 57g at this stage the rest is dry hop, changed the name of this brew to gamma ray nightmare :laugh8::laugh8:

My brewing plans are scuppered! House upside down getting work done! Work getting in the way. May try to squeeze one in Sunday when I get up but not looking favourable with the other half who obviously has other ideas..plus I have furniture to move ready for the tiler Monday morning.
Perhaps I could bung a couple of kveik brews on the week after,get them done in a week and put them straight into pressure barrels and force carb with co2?

Hi cc whats in the tropical England mix, it smells really good, what yeast are you using
TROPICAL ENGLAND - 2021 crop • 6% AA. A mix of 5 English grown hops including Jester, Olicana, Godiva, Mystic & Archer that will infuse a tropical aroma into a refreshing English IPA with a difference. 100g late addition/dry hop will do just nicely in a 23 litre brew, but adding another 100g will hit the mark.

I’m using Gervinho yeast from Wilko.
Are you doing a dry hop?
I‘m doing a 50g whirlpool with the hop mix and yet to decide on a dry hop.

TROPICAL ENGLAND - 2021 crop • 6% AA. A mix of 5 English grown hops including Jester, Olicana, Godiva, Mystic & Archer that will infuse a tropical aroma into a refreshing English IPA with a difference. 100g late addition/dry hop will do just nicely in a 23 litre brew, but adding another 100g will hit the mark.

I’m using Gervinho yeast from Wilko.
Are you doing a dry hop?
I‘m doing a 50g whirlpool with the hop mix and yet to decide on a dry hop.
Sounds a good mix, the cml kit comes with atlantic yeast but i may use us05, bittering hops are 15g of admiral, i changed the tropical additions to 40 at 15 40 at 10 and 50 whirlpool not sure on dry hop i am not a great lover of it

I made 21 litres at OG 1062 BHE 75%, I usually get 70%.
5000g Maris otter
200g Carapils
270g Biscuit
23g EKG @ 60m
20g Harlequin @60m
30g Harlequin @15m
50g Tropical England @85C for 20 minutes
Gervin yeast.

Latest posts

Back