Scalping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crypto is the main reason GPUs are going for silly money. there will obviously be scalping in that, but the main market are huge crypto farms and all associated smaller farmers. It isn't going to stop for a while too.
Agree and so they say, the computing market as we knew it will not return to any where near levels of normal until Q2 'next year'. That's nuts. Peeps are starting to look at builds with CPU's that are APU's (that's integrated graphics in the cpu chip to who ever doesn't know that much about computing parts). Which given the market, is a reasonable move until the scalpers realise they can make money off this too ><

That’s interesting.
Personally I have not had any issues with CML yeast. Though I have read that others have had issues, like yourself.
I have only used there Belgian and Wheat yeasts. Both seemed to produce a good final product. I will sample a few more and see how I fair before I commit to a final verdict on CML.
I use their ‘five’ which as you might have guessed is a US-05. It generally rips through a beer in a couple of days. Their midland Trent has been great for bitters

I use their ‘five’ which as you might have guessed is a US-05. It generally rips through a beer in a couple of days. Their midland Trent has been great for bitters

I must admit I only tried about 5 or so of theor strains and I tried their US ale one about 4 times as i bought it in bulk and it was poor.. so glad to see they are actually improving their line.

And it's spreading to other essential items in other areas.

Sorry but a GPU is not an essential item if you cannot afford the asking price don't upgrade, I used to be a PC gamer and gave up years ago the need to constantly upgrade to keep up with the latest games and other gamers became too expensive once I had a mortgage and other bills to pay I moved to console and once used to playing with a controller rather than keyboard and mouse o never looked back.

GPUs are essential if you do any sort of modeling, designing etc for work. And if you do game on pc, which is clearly the best ecosystem for gaming, then they are also essential. So it is perfectly fine to be annoyed with the current inflated prices of them, not just by scalping but by mining and the covid factor and the £ falling since the brexshit vote.

Saying just buy a console is not particularly helpful if you don't like console gaming.

Saying just buy a console is not particularly helpful if you don't like console gaming.

Could you show me where i said "Just buy a console"

GPUs are essential if you do any sort of modeling, designing etc for work.

I don't doubt they are but other than for gaming where you need to endlessly change all components not just the GPU to keep up with the Joneses how often does a designer or modeller need to replace their GPU's if they have something that is currently up to the job?

And if you do game on pc, which is clearly the best ecosystem for gaming,

Can you explain "best ecosystem" for gaming.

Latest posts

Back