SCB April Meeting - Sunday 28th in Perth

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
Our next meeting will be at 11am on Sunday 28 April at:

Greyfriars Pub
15 South Street
Perth
PH2 8PG

The Program will be:
1, Talk by Ken Duncan, Head Brewer at Inveralmond Brewery.
2, AGM. Brief reports and election of office bearers.
3, Lunch
4, Tasting of Belgian Yeast Trial Beers (same recipe but using different yeasts).

Also, as always, bring along any beers you want for swapping with the other brewers.

If you fancy coming along then give me a shout so we can let Greyfriars know for the catering side of things. :cheers:

I'd love to cone along. Do you need to be a member? Tho I've been meaning to join. I think one of the committee works just next door to me!

Shug said:
I'd love to cone along. Do you need to be a member? Tho I've been meaning to join. I think one of the committee works just next door to me!

Hi Shug, you are more than welcome to come along. The idea of the SCB is to run events that will mean that brewers will want to join. Its only £8 quid per year and the money goes towards paying for events like we are running next week.

Who works next door to you?

Dunfie said:
Shug said:

Hi Shug, you are more than welcome to come along. The idea of the SCB is to run events that will mean that brewers will want to join. Its only £8 quid per year and the money goes towards paying for events like we are running next week.

Who works next door to you?
I think Mr Makarenko. Only one with that name in the corporate address book ;)

Count me in Calum. 1009 train from Kdy. How you getting there?

K

kev said:

K

I was planning on getting the bus but I wonder if I could get my wife to take me to inverkeithing so I can catch the train instead :-?

Dunfie said:
kev said:

K

I was planning on getting the bus but I wonder if I could get my wife to take me to inverkeithing so I can catch the train instead :-?

Might be cool as Jed will be on that train. Also can share a taxi at the other end.

K

I expect they there will be others on the train from Edinburgh.

I'm really looking forward to the meeting. My trial beer is tasting very good so there should be some good beers to sample.

Lol. After the issues I had brewing the damn beer anything is better than I thought it was going to be.

K

kev said:
Lol. After the issues I had brewing the damn beer anything is better than I thought it was going to be.

K

Yes, me too. At one point mine has an almost sour taste to it so I was a bit worried about it. I just left it in primary for three weeks and it cleaned up after itself. Certainly a lesson in being patient.

I'm at a wedding in Inverness on sat night, so I'll be driving down to perth sun morning. No beer sampling for me, tho I'll bring a few bottles as I need feedback. Unfortunately ran out of bottles (and time!) to get the 3 fermenters full bottled and ready.

Latest posts

Back