SCB April Meeting - Sunday 28th in Perth

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been offered a lift to Perth on Sunday so will meet you all there.

I didn't realise that we have exactly the same recipe and yeast Kev. Pressure is definitely on (although I reiterate the "no competition" comment :twisted: ).

Dunfie said:
I have been offered a lift to Perth on Sunday so will meet you all there.

I didn't realise that we have exactly the same recipe and yeast Kev. Pressure is definitely on (although I reiterate the "no competition" comment :twisted: ).

Exactly Calum! Keen to try them side by side.

K

Haven't tried my trial beers yet but it wasn't tasting too hopeful coming out the fermenter. Major hot alcohol. :0(
Will test it again tonight.

I'm bringing Arek's trial beer as he's home with the new baby.

See you there.

I tried both mine and Jed's last night. However I won't spoil the surprises by telling you how it went. ;)

It was a really good meeting today. Ken Duncan was in good form and gave a really interesting talk for well over an hour which was mainly around yeast and sanitation.

We then had a fantastic tasting session of 9 different Belgian beers. :cool:

Thanks to everyone who turned up.

Indeed. Was a great day.

Seemed a different "vibe" to this meeting. Lot more energy and chatting, etc. Few new faces too which was ace.

Thought the yeast trial was ace. Really enjoyed doing that and would like to do more of that in the future. Was chatting to Stuart about it actually and had a few ideas on smoked beers, crystal trials, etc, etc. Should be good.

Hope the momentum continues.

K

I had a great day, was good to meet some of the faces behind the usernames! Shame I had the car so tasting was limited but loved what I did try, tho on way to job interview just now so prob just as well! Need to get joined up and looking forward to next events.
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back