Scottish Whisky ---- Irish Whiskey ??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else tried a drink called ginger tam its a ginger (liquor) but tastes like a ginger form of whiskey and is also 48%abv, don't know anywhere outside Scotland where you can buy this so if you do please tell
:cheers:

jasea3632 said:
Has anyone else tried a drink called ginger tam its a ginger (liquor) but tastes like a ginger form of whiskey and is also 48%abv, don't know anywhere outside Scotland where you can buy this so if you do please tell
Is this it?? Ginger Tams

This mentioned in a post........... Glenmorangie Single Highland Malt Whisky Aged 10 Years

Might give it a whirl, plus daughters got a 10% discount card for ASDA. :D

BB

jasea3632 said:
You can buy it via Amazon. Never tried it as it sounds horrible! Prefer my Scotch neat.

oddly just got sent an email about whisky tasting sessions from travelzoo, places up and down the country

£24 for 90 min talk and 6 drams.

tasting sessions

Mmmm, for later!!
uhe7apud.jpg

jarenault said:
There are better whisky shops in Scotland than the ones found in Edinburgh. A favourite of mine that I try to visit once a year is a wee place in Pitlochry.

You were right by one of the best distilleries in Scotland - Edradour! It is the smallest distillery in Scotland but is just awesome.

Dack said:
Master of Malt used to sell a single cask, single grain from North British. It's worth trying at least once. There's a lot of people who disparage grain Whisky as inferior to single malt; I'm just as guilty of it at times. But decently matured grain Whisky has just as much depth of flavour as a decent malt.

The North British distillery in Edinburgh was the one that was at the centre of the Legionnaires outbreak a while back.

My mate's dad used to buy the old casks from Bushmills to turn into garden furniture. If you left them out in the sun they'd sweat out whiskey. The stuff was awful, tasted like liquid wood, but you would only need one glass before you felt rather sleepy.

dennisking said:
Enjoy John, just don't look at the price label. :whistle:
Got it for £25.00 Den from Tesco.... Wife had a £3.00 off when you spend £30.00 till spit so that took the edge off.. :-)

BB

Had a few Glenmorangie last night, daughter took this @ 1.00am outside under boozing shelter where the "Barnsley Rocket " lives.
usyra9ep.jpg

Latest posts

Back