serving 70psi liquid!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
Any help here would be great

I have made my wife fizzy wine. Its in the corny at 70psi. Serving it aswell as bottling it is a nightmare , I had 3 fizzy wine showers yesterday!! any suggestions on how to safley and dryly bottle it up and serve it up.

70 psi 😮 No wonder it's a nightmare!

Is it chilled when it's at this pressure? I would drop the pressure a bit, sparkling wine is typically around 6 volumes of CO2 which is a lot but at say 4°C keg pressure would need to be around 48 psi.

Do as Graz says thats way too much at 1c. I do not know the pressure it should be at but it looks like Graz has worked it out so release the pressure and allow some of the co2 to escape by purging the co2 again every hour or so for a couple of times then re-set the pressure to the recommended figure and when bottling try and make sure the bottles are at a similar temp to the beer.
Ps they are pressure wine bottle and not standard ones aren't they?

Done last night! can you show me how you got to this ? so i can work it out for my self next time please? @Graz

Search for CO2 volume in beer on the internet and you will find charts you can use. There also maybe one in the forum calculators which is at the top of the pages
Just looked there is a force carbonation chart in the calculator section at the top of the forum page athumb..

Latest posts

Back