SG not reached

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm brewing a Festival American IPA kit and have substituted the sugar for brew enhancer but the SG has not dropped to the required level for bottling (1011) and seems to be stuck at 1016 for the last three days it's been fermenting at a constant 22 C, any advice here please.

Brew enhancer is a mixture of sugar (fermentable) and maltodextrin (not fermentable), so a direct swap will leave more body to the beer, which is what you're seeing in the higher gravity.

Brew enhancer is a mixture of sugar (fermentable) and maltodextrin (not fermentable), so a direct swap will leave more body to the beer, which is what you're seeing in the higher gravity.
I did add just over 1kg of enhancer to substitute 800g of sugar which was the advice I was given eventually from the suppliers.

I'm brewing a Festival American IPA kit and have substituted the sugar for brew enhancer but the SG has not dropped to the required level for bottling (1011) and seems to be stuck at 1016 for the last three days it's been fermenting at a constant 22 C, any advice here please.
If you look at the info put out by Mangrove Jack, using liquid malt or beer enhancer will typically give you a final gravity of around 0.004 higher compared to using sugar. So you may not be as far away as you think.

If you look at the info put out by Mangrove Jack, using liquid malt or beer enhancer will typically give you a final gravity of around 0.004 higher compared to using sugar. So you may not be as far away as you think.
Thanks for that I'll check that out, if it stays the same for two to three days I guess it's ready to bottle, still on a steep learning curve but this forum helps loads.

Extract?
What was the O G?

Latest posts

Back