Should I dump it?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Raven Brewery

Reaction score
Hi,

So I am trying to make a dubbel. OG was 1.058 and I'm aiming for 1.018. I'm using t-58 and feel it's struggled to ferment thus far and for the last two days there has been no action.
As it was my first time using the iSpindel I have even taken hydrometer readings just in case but it all seems correct.
I've tried sorting the temperature as I currently don't have anywhere with good temperature control as I thought that might be the issue but that hasn't helped.

Should I write it off as bad luck or persever with the fermentation? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211209-153051_Brewfather.jpg
    Screenshot_20211209-153051_Brewfather.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 30
Kit or AG?
What is you process?
What (if applicable) was the mash temp?

I wouldn't chuck until you know you have something that isn't drinkable. It might be possible to salvage (e.g. new / different / more yeast)

Even if it's not perfect it might make decent enough beer and you have learned something.

If you chuck it, you probably won't.

Move it somewhere warm and forget about it for a week. You could also order a packet of Safale BE-256 Abbaye yeast and pitch that, it's a higher attenuating yeast suitable for this style.

What's the recipe, though? 1.058 to 1.018 for a Dubbel would only be 5%ish which doesn't really fit the style.

As stated above. Do not ditch it.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant 1.068 🤦‍♂️

it was an AG brew that I adapted from a recipe from Brewfather.

I might try putting in some more yeast...as soon as I can get some 🤣

Latest posts

Back