Show us your dog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a quiet moment

IMG_3935.JPG

View attachment 33651
A bit of excitement this morning...I think the cat brought it in through the flap...or Pip caught it in the garden...we have an over grown field at the end of the garden which is of major interest to our cats... anyhow Mrs Clint had the pandemonium...stupid woman!
I hope it wasn’t covered in fleas. You’re not itching are you? And you must feed your pets too much – it’s not been eaten.

By the way, is that you in your avatar or a picture of somebody you’d like to be?

I was enjoying a few beers when that was taken...I can be quite miserable sometimes...I am however now a bit slimmer having lost 2 and a half stone since March to take some pressure off the aggravated sacrolaic joint I suffer from which is a trade off from a hip replacement at 46 and endless opiates and dreadful pain..
Despite that...I wouldn't want to be anyone else...oh,and I have a little less hair ...

CF2BFFDC-14B2-4281-9C4E-405EE11DBB05.jpeg

F0C279DC-8A9B-419E-8B0D-BCF73E889EC0.jpeg

This is Chester the Cockapoo on one of his walks earlier and back at home in front of the fire!

We’ve had a few dogs over the years and he is, without a doubt, the daftest but best dog we’ve ever had. 🐾

I was enjoying a few beers when that was taken...I can be quite miserable sometimes...I am however now a bit slimmer having lost 2 and a half stone since March to take some pressure off the aggravated sacrolaic joint I suffer from which is a trade off from a hip replacement at 46 and endless opiates and dreadful pain..
Despite that...I wouldn't want to be anyone else...oh,and I have a little less hair ...
Clint
Just admit it
You are one handsome b*****d
You miserable sod

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I thought I'd post, now I stop and think about it, a piece of pretty obvious advice, which I, or I guess more accurately Chester our Cockapoo, learned the hard way yesterday!!

We took Chester out for a walk in a relatively local woods on Sunday, which we've only been to once before. We did a different walk this time and one minute he's there, next minute he'd completely disapeared,having dfarted up a side track. He never goes far from us, so no initial panic, but when he didn't come back when called, which is very unusual, it became slightly more worrying.

What we hadn't realised is the other side of the woods from where we'd parked is actually much higher than the surrounding area, so on that side there are a number of cliffs / sheer drops!! They're not visible until you come out of the woods / undergrowth right next to the edge. When I walked up the path to find out what he was playing at, with my "I'm not happy" voice on, after about 25ft I came out of the trees and 6ft later the path ended in a sheer drop of circa 100ft.

We have no idea if Chester went straight over it but I found him about 25m away from the base of that sheer drop with his harness broken and half hanging off, he was covered in dirt and leaves, stood stock still completely out of it, utterly confused and pretty unresponsive. The vet thinks he was definitely concussed but, other than that, he's recovering well and, quite amazingly, all tests and x-rays have come back clear. He's now back at home and reacted, albeit in a relatively muted way for him (he's "fairly" excitable under normal conditions!), when I went to pick him up and he's clearly happy to be home.

So, the moral of the story is, it's probably best not to let your dog off the lead in an area you're not familiar with!

753C71BF-DF16-4189-BC1E-9C2425B224B6.JPG

I went back to the woods today to see if I could work out how he could get from where he disapeared to where he was found, without taking the 'direct route'; I still can't work it out.

BE4DB2BD-873F-4F55-9E81-D1055E428CEB.JPG

D29B1E30-E3C8-468F-9BAF-058D81CD0F69.JPG

@HoppingMad Wowsers! A lucky escape ashock1
A lesson for us all I think!

Great to hear Chester seems to be OK, give him a fuss from me athumb..

We have a cockerpoo, and to be fair they do have a bit more common sense than some of the other dogs we encounter.
But it only takes a moments lapse of concentration....

Latest posts

Back