Sick of buying cider!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needmorstuf

Regular.
Reaction score
I am looking at making a fruity TC - experimenting in DJs and wanted some options around storing after priming for serving?

I see a few options, mini keg, easy keg..

Can I have opinions of them please and suggestions about the best.

Also - how long do people keep cider once serving has started? the info says a week but we wont get through 5l in a week.

I bottle mine in PET bottles - keeps for ages [emoji106]
Well about 6 months is my longest so far !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the same with the TC I made, put it in PET bottles. Usually not too difficult to finish up to a 2 litre bottle once opened.

That said, sediment can be a problem early on, if you want to drink your cider soon ish. Took a month for the sediment from priming to stick to the bottle, which meant if you tipped too quickly, or the bottle got knocked over, it was undrinkable once more.

So I would say bottle it, but put them away for a few months at least so the sediment can properly settle and stick. Or make your cider a still one (still yummy).

I put all my wow and kit wine in bga in boxes now and its so much more convenient than washing and sterilising bottles.. was hoping for the same for cider

I put all my wow and kit wine in bga in boxes now and its so much more convenient than washing and sterilising bottles.. was hoping for the same for cider
Make still cider and you can use bag in box just fine. Just skip priming.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

My wife's favourite cider is Thistly Cross Whisky Cask, mine is Thatchers Cheddar Valley, both are still ciders, so we're happy either way. :)

Oh well, PET bottles if you only want small amounts at a time. No chance of bottle bombs that way either.

I make a very Dry TC (using CML cider yeast!!!:thumb:) in 23l Cornies. It sits in the catering fridge @ 2-6*C,,,,,,, Then hump it out to the bar to pour,,,,
Total Heaven in my 60th Year! Mainly because thanks to the info and guidance from this forum When I get to the mainland I will never ever need to buy another supermarket *rap cider and be disappointed. I have acquired loads of 1l swing tops to take with me. :grin:

Latest posts

Back