Simtra Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were me, I'd consider upping your dry hop quantities, as there's less risk of over-doing it in my opinion. I'd maybe try 50g of dry hops. They soak up beer, but it can be squeezed back out! Or try that mash hopping as you suggested, but I'm not familiar with the results. I'd be interested to know if the solids extracted don't actually isomerise when brought up to the boil.

At that strength, I'd be ageing this for a while once it's bottled. It's almost barley wine territory.

If it were me, I'd consider upping your dry hop quantities, as there's less risk of over-doing it in my opinion. I'd maybe try 50g of dry hops. They soak up beer, but it can be squeezed back out! Or try that mash hopping as you suggested, but I'm not familiar with the results. I'd be interested to know if the solids extracted don't actually isomerise when brought up to the boil.

At that strength, I'd be ageing this for a while once it's bottled. It's almost barley wine territory.
Possibly, we'll see how our efficiency goes though!

Latest posts

Back