Skull and Crossbones on the label?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondia

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've just racked off my 2nd ever batch of Turbo Cider in DJs to sit and clear. This was my first play with the hydrometer and I think I may have to place a health warning on my bottle labels.

If I've done this right I got a starting reading of 1080 and its currently at 1000. Am i right in thinking this is 10.6%??? If so this stuff is going to be insane! Should I stop the ferment now in case it drops any lower?

Forgive the stupid questions, I'm still very new to this

I would say leave it do its thing, then either drink it normally but in small quantities or use it as the base of a punch mixture. I intend to make a gallon on around 15% TC for q punch base in uni, should be interesting.

Let it ferment out, then serve with a good glug of apple juice.

If you try to stop the fermentation then you won't be able to prime for a fizzy cider/ apple wine.

As a cider, that's pretty lethal.

As a wine, it's fairly tame.

Thanks for the comments.

I've racked it off into a clean DJ to clear. Not stopped the ferment and its still ticking away slowly.

Apple juice in the glass when its ready to drink i think :)

I made a batch of Turbo cider a couple of months ago, from my calculations in came in at around 9.8% abv, it is very drinkable, a few pints goes a long way :D

one of my first TC's came out at 10.6% .. left to condition for a month and it tasted great .. the high abv didnt really affect the taste and it was very drinkable ... though in moderation :cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back