Slightly scared new brewer. Hi!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herman Bloom

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Very new brewer that has been searching the internet to answer loads of questions about this brewing lark, and stumbled onto this place. I was recently given a starter kit for my 40th Birthday and although there were some major bumps along the way I think I produced OK beer. Maybe. I will find out in about a week.

I have a ton of questions as it seems the kit I got was not the "norm" and I am already an easily confused person. Planning my second (and third) brew and wondering where to dump all my questions without being annoying, in here?

Thanks guys, will post all my questions in the General Beer Brewing forum. Looking forward to learning from my mistakes!

No need to be scared bud, and you've found a fairly friendly forum here (just stay out of the Snug! lol). I can annoy the most patient of people, and even I manage somehow to fit in and find a place on here. ;) The fact you were able to drink your first beer kit is a pretty good start in all honesty, so see that as a positive start!

A good place to start, go have a nose through the book suggestions forum on here. There are some good book recommendations in there. I made one myself yesterday that may be of use to you if you have a Kindle. ;) Has a glossary of brewing terminology AT THE FRONT of all the wondrous amazing and sensible places to put it! :laugh8: The terminology is going to be where you find the biggest hurdle, as to a person the lot of us forget that we once didn't understand the jargon of the hobby, and happily spew these bizarre and alien words as if they were our native tongue.... It makes the hobby seem strange and terrifying, then you find out that they're just fancy ways of saying things like rinse and turn the heat off.... aheadbutt

Good luck, and welcome. athumb..

Latest posts

Back