Small batch brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joconn

Reaction score
I want to brew a small batch, 10L, using a can or pouch kit. Looking for ideas as to malt, sugar yeast ratios, etc. All replys appreciated.

You could do something like a Woodfordes Wherry kit and just brew one can at a time. Technically it would give you an 11.5 litre batch if you brewed it to instructions, but you could easily brew it short to 10 litres and it would still be good beer. That kit comes with two cans and two packs of yeast, so it's about as simple as it gets. You'd only need some priming sugar for your barrel/bottles.

If you wanted to do something more custom, then Munton's for example have various malt types as liquid malt extract (or dry), but might be better for you to provide some more info about the type of beer you want to brew...

I’ve just brewed 10-11L or so of an American Pale Ale. First extract brew by halving the quantities of a fairly simple recipe.

First ‘no -kit’ brew, very satisfying and what’s more, first taste (hasn’t cold conditioned yet) much better than any kits I’ve done.

Only equipment needed if you’ve got the stuff for kits is a stock pot big enough for the boil. I did a half boil in any case in an 11l stock pot and combined with cold water before pitching yeast.

Would highly recommend and already planning some small batch AG brews 😊😊😊

Back