Small bung

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intelekt said:
Stamford Hillbilly said:
I'm off to buy some balloons! What a cool idea. I have a mate who likes to burst 'em & he'll be in for a right old eggy treat!

Careful though!

It's been known for the balloon to inflate and carry the DJ upto the ceiling or out the door :shock:
Makes a real mess!

Are you pulling my leg? Whatever next? I just had a vision of a Taliban defector flying off to the promised land under a multicoloured cloud of booze filled balloons! Maybe I need to ease down on getting high on my own supply :D

Stamford Hillbilly said:
Are you pulling my leg? Whatever next? I just had a vision of a Taliban defector flying off to the promised land under a multicoloured cloud of booze filled balloons! Maybe I need to ease down on getting high on my own supply :D
:rofl:

Haven't you heard of demijohn bombs?

Now if only I could make my yeast produce helium instead of carbon dioxide I could have so much fun :thumb: :wink:

Tim_Crowhurst said:
Crastney said:
I tried this, but couldn't get a circular whittle - ended up with a many sided off circle tapered down far too quickly... reminds me to look at that again to see if I can get something smoother looking.

It doesn't need to be perfect. You can seal it with some melted wax around the mouth of the DJ when you put the bung in.
I did try the melted wax method, but the bung was so badly whittled that the bung hardly went in at all, and wobbled around like crazy, and the first lot of wax I put in went solid, and then just split around the lip. I tried again melting wax around the bung, but somehow got melted wax going up the inside the inner glas tube! it took a while to clean that out properly. I think I ended up adding more juice, and sticking it in a 1Gal DJ.

Crastney said:
Tim_Crowhurst said:
Crastney said:
I tried this, but couldn't get a circular whittle - ended up with a many sided off circle tapered down far too quickly... reminds me to look at that again to see if I can get something smoother looking.

It doesn't need to be perfect. You can seal it with some melted wax around the mouth of the DJ when you put the bung in.
I did try the melted wax method, but the bung was so badly whittled that the bung hardly went in at all, and wobbled around like crazy, and the first lot of wax I put in went solid, and then just split around the lip. I tried again melting wax around the bung, but somehow got melted wax going up the inside the inner glas tube! it took a while to clean that out properly. I think I ended up adding more juice, and sticking it in a 1Gal DJ.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dibison said:
Intelekt how'd that bung fit your westons scrumpy bottle?

The bung fitted the bottle perfectly, it's just the hole for the airlock that's a bit small, but having said that it can be made to fit, so I'm happy with it :thumb:

Sorted! I got mine free :D

Free voucher from PayPal, £5 off on eBay, suits me fine! :thumb:

Dibison said:
Sorted! I got mine free :D

Free voucher from PayPal, £5 off on eBay, suits me fine! :thumb:

I used to get free PayPal vouchers, why don't I anymore.... Where's the blooming jealous smiley when you need it :tongue:

Latest posts

Back