So hows this going to turn out ?!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garry123

Reaction score
well, im a rookie and just got interested, im going to buy all the equipment ASAP but i just couldn't stop myself from having a shot "makeshift style".

well first i seen it on a TV program Carrot Peeling and Parsnip peeling beer, so i researched some very simple methods of brewing. First of all i got a 2 Liter bottle (coca cola) and washed it out with boiling hot water. i then boiled up about 1 liter of water (i miss judged it) and put my carrot and parsnip peeling in. i boiled/simmered for about 15-20 minuets and sieved.
I then placed 1 cup of granulated sugar in and 1/4 of a teaspoon of bread yeast (at blood temperature) and attached a airlock to the top of the bottle. so i now have this concoction sitting around bubbling away, it seems to be fine (its on its 3rd day now) but its not really bubbling that much now. it smells just like a root beer or some sort of beer but what will it taste like, when can i taste it and how strong will it be ?

i know i have alot to learn :roll: :cheers:

Not sure about this, looks like I am not the only one :lol:
Nothing like going out on a limb :)
What are you trying to make :?
As the old saying goes nothing ventured nothing gained, personally I will stay with more conventional methods and ingredients, at least its predicable what you will get, i.e. in most cases something better than you buy in a pub :D
S

I honestly cant say I have a clue how that will taste, I wouldnt get my hopes up too much! It might just taste of fermented carrots and parsnips!

Generally leave things to ferment for a week. Pour it off the yeast, then give it a few days to rest before drinking.

If you want something quick, why not try ginger beer or turbo cider?

If you want something quick, why not try ginger beer or turbo cider?
Now that is a good idea J, wish I had suggested that, always behind the pack me, :lol: would recommend cider, much easier. ;)
I know the results will/should be good though :lol: :party:
S

haha yeah might try something like that ! :thumb:

and well its just an experiment ! im not saying its going to taste very nice ! haha :D

well fingers crossed :drink:

Back