Soda stream equivalent now available on Amazon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just got a notification from our favourite online retailer announcing that ther is a twin pack of CO2 soda stream equivalent cannisters available if anyone is interested.
It's listed under CO2 YOU so if you log on to Amazon and enter as above in the search it should show up.
Screenshot_20211226-193510.png

Last edited:
Assume it’s this company here

https://co2you.co/products/co2-you
They offer a subscription service which works out at £10 a canister, so about £3 a cylinder cheaper than soda stream. Unfortunately they don’t seem to offer much flexibility I.e. it’s four cylinders every three months (the other option being to buy cylinders up front but can’t see an option to get these refilled).

Honestly if I actually used a soda stream for carbonated water I would be pretty tempted to sign up but as I only use three to four cylinders a year for dispensing beer it just isn’t a good option for me personally.

Well my gas cylinder is nearly out, so we've decided to give this company a go for 3 months and see how we go. I've been wanting to keep the gas connected when my fermzilla is in the fridge, but haven't been able to with the large gas bottle (and I think taking it constantly on and off caused my leak). Will be able to now though with the mini regulator I have.

Will work out more expensive for us but we think it's worth it for the convenience. We've paid £40 and are expecting 4 small cylinders tomorrow.

Will report back any problems or otherwise.

Last edited:
4 cylinders every 3 months? WOW. I get through one cylinder about every 6 months. A lot of local stores do the soda-stream exchanges. My local hardware store does it. For me, that's far more convenient to just drop into the store and swap a cylinder with them than to faff about with returning empty cylinders via post. I'd also much rather spend £13 a cylinder and support my local business than give more money to Amazon.

I haven't bought them from Amazon - they take a cut and hike up the prices. I've gone to the company website.

We should be able to use them up in time - I'm planning on using them for carbonating, serving and purging the kegs too.

If all else fails and we have some left we can ask for a month extension and / or put them in the soda stream.

We don't need to go anywhere - the driver picks them up from your door for you - it's no effort to put them back in a box and hand to the driver. You don't even need to label them up. They've made it really easy.

AND there's no hideously expensive deposit charges on the cylinders, because quite frankly, we can't afford to wait for that refunding. Sodastream can charge what they want because there's very little competition - until now!

Perhaps you should do more research before you practise the art of 'armchair expertise'.

This company setup suits our situation perfectly, so as soon as I saw it I was on it like a car bonnet!

Last edited:
I haven't bought them from Amazon - they take a cut and hike up the prices. I've gone to the company website.

We should be able to use them up in time - I'm planning on using them for carbonating, serving and purging the kegs too.

If all else fails and we have some left we can ask for a month extension and / or put them in the soda stream.

We don't need to go anywhere - the driver picks them up from your door for you - it's no effort to put them back in a box and hand to the driver. You don't even need to label them up. They've made it really easy.

AND there's no hideously expensive deposit charges on the cylinders, because quite frankly, we can't afford to wait for that refunding. Sodastream can charge what they want because there's very little competition - until now!

Perhaps you should do more research before you practise the art of 'armchair expertise'.

This company setup suits our situation perfectly, so as soon as I saw it I was on it like a car bonnet!
Pretty much the only thing that put me off them is that I just wouldn’t he able to use four cylinders in three months (this is pretty much a year or more supply for me) so I will stick with a couple of soda stream cylinders as I can exchange them at Robert Dyas. But if you have a soda stream unit as well I can see that the calculation would be very different.

Absolutely.

I mean we've gone through a 6.35kg cylinder in 7 months, so I would imagine we'll run out before three months. I pressure transfer every beer because I feel it makes them last longer and taste better.

The big difference here is, we don't like going out so this is perfect for us. My husband has extreme social anxiety and I have a milder version too so it makes perfect sense for us.

Thank you for the link to the website.

Latest posts

Back