Solar Pumps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get on PETER'S (the guy who sells them) website at the moment Jim, becuase he's away until mid December, but I have the pump with the 1/2'' thread.

Currently I'm using it with tubing from the Wilkinson's syphon kit, but Vossy is getting me some tubing and going by the description I think the pump with no thread maybe better, so I'll bodge something together :hmm:

I'll put some pics up soon as I think Vossy is getting the tubing this week

Thanks Sean, I assumed the 14/10 refered to the inlet and outlet sizes.
As you say, I can always bodge for the 10mm.
Just been given another pic of me on an 8F FP, will add it to my previous post if you're interested.

Not sure where the 10mm & 15mm come in?

evanvine said:
Can any one tell me which pump is more suitable to Vossy's silicon tube.
The 20/20 or the 14/10? :wha:

The threaded one!

Fit a 1/2' hosetail for use with 1/2" id hose.

Hopefully just paid for my tubing Jim and as promised will post a pic when i receive it

Hi

Here's my pump with Vossy's tube as inlet and standard 10mm outside diameter (about 8mm inside dia) as the outlet.

664b908c.png

8ca30a6e.png

No worries, my brew it heavie enough to keep it there. :D

Either that or the fact that a small 12V pump running on only about 9V stays quite still.

On the 10mm outlet, if you cut the pipe 1/2" above, would Vossy's pipe the fit over?

Not without some bodging. There's about a 1mm difference even when the smaller tube is distorted over the barb.
But the Vossy tube is very flexible so I would expect a wire twist or two would work :wha:

The sight tube started cos the tap was on the vessel before I decided to use it as the HLT, so when I put in the lower hole for a better positioned outlet I had a tap there plugging the hole. I like to let things design themselves.

As promised Jim, here's a pic with Vossy's tubing on the threaded pump, nice tight fit too.
Brewday next should be next friday, so will see if it needs clamping at higher temps, but think it should be okay as in the pic.

IMG_8604.jpg

Okay on a cold water test Jim, but I'll have a couple of wire spring clamps on standby for the hot liquid on brewday, still think the non-threaded pump would be better, think the threaded pump gives more option for connectivity :hmm:

Sean_Mc said:
Okay on a cold water test Jim, but I'll have a couple of wire spring clamps on standby for the hot liquid on brewday, still think the non-threaded pump would be better, think the threaded pump gives more option for connectivity :hmm:
I've read all the arguments re threaded versus non-threaded and have come up undecided.
In a perfect world, a 14/14 push fit would be the answer.
What size pipe do the 20/20 inserts accept?

Back