solvent weld?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsan77

Landlord.
Reaction score
can solvent weld be used on my plastic 5 gallon boiler? The tap is slightly leaking around the seal.

I have used super glue on my copper joints in my recently made but still unused mash tun. I think they sometimes use the stuff to stick together wounds in hospitals. I figured if it was ok for that then i'd be ok too.

I generally find that super glue is great for sticking skin, but bugger-all use for sticking anything else.

Moley said:
I generally find that super glue is great for sticking skin, but bugger-all use for sticking anything else.
It was invented by the Yanks for just that purpose - throwing the guts back in a body with gunshot wounds to the belly and spraying on 'superglue' to hold all together so they could get the guy to surgery. :whistle:

I've had injuries 'fixed' with super glue . . . stings like hell :shock:

I wouldnt try superglue as a first choice as its usually a bit hit n miss with plastics, I'd try something like liquid metal or JBweld it's really good with heat and as far as I know it's epoxy based and when fully cured shouldn't leach anything into your brew.
HTH

Kev

Back