Split brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EskiBrew

Regular.
Reaction score
I've been short of time for quite a while now and have therefore not been able to brew - I've some time available tomorrow morning though so I've got a mash on tonight with the plan to boil in the morning. I've never tried a split brew day but if it works then I may well do a lot more of these :thumb:

It's a slightly modified version of my Bitter Challenge.

I'm not planning any pics as I have entirely run out of interesting things to photograph on a brew day :roll:

I did lots of slip brewdays back when i had a life :lol: i never noticed any difference in the finished product, nice to see ya getting an ale on EB :thumb:

when you say 'split' do you mean collecting the mash output, then allowing the output of the mash to cool, then hours later boiling it up?

evanvine said:
Overnight mashing was discussed by Dave Line in his BBB.
I've done it many times, it works well.
Have a good "split" brew day.
A split brewday in this instance has nothing to do with overnight mashing. The mash and sparge are completed on one day, the sweet wort is allowed to cool and the boil is actioned on another (normally the following) day.
Have a good one EB :thumb:

mr_spin said:
when you say 'split' do you mean collecting the mash output, then allowing the output of the mash to cool, then hours later boiling it up?

Exactly :thumb:

It went very well - I mashed and sparged last night then let it cool naturally overnight. Boiled up this morning as if I had mashed the same day and everything went to plan :cheers:

Back