SS Brewtech Trub Dam

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martybhoy

Reaction score
I was cleaning some equipment today and noticed some dirt in my trub dam pipe. I tried my best to clean it, even boiled it for half an hour but it's stuck-on crud.

Does anyone know of any cleaning solution that might be strong (and safe) enough to use for this stubborn problem?

Also, given that the trub dam is subject to at least an hour of boiling each brew day, is this dirt actually a problem?

Screenshot_20180211-210556.png

Cheers Clint. I went with oxi. Worked a treat. I guess a good rinse is all that's needed afterward?

If I were to use oxi to clean buckets etc, what ratio of oxi to water would I need to use?

Yeah..if you use the laundry stuff you really need to rinse well incase it has other smelly stuff included....pure oxi just needs a rinse..although you may feel a slick soapy residue on your kit...a quick wipe down with starsan removes this.

Thanks. Can you recommend a pure oxi brand? I used a laundry one, then boiled the trub dam in tap water for 10 mins, then rinsed some more so I should be ok. But I like the idea of pure oxi

Hi Clint, went and bought some proper sodium percarbonate. Do you know if there's any reason you wouldn't steep things in it overnight?

Latest posts

Back