SS Conicals at a reasonable price

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
I was just looking around my loca homebrew shop and noticed they have strted selling Italian conicals here. (no direct link I'm afraid will have to click on beer making equipment and then microbrewery stuff
I think £400 is a pretty good price for a 100ltr conical...even comparable with importing one yourself, and a lot cheaper than the Blichman. I'm going to have a nosy soon :hmm:

Let me know if they do anything bigger . . . I'd appreciate a few more piccies of the inside and stuff . . . I might be spending a lot of cash soon . . . My kids will just have to go hungry

tissues.jpg

Let me know if they do anything bigger . . . I'd appreciate a few more piccies of the inside and stuff
Will do A, I'm sure Peter and mark will be o.k for the piccies. I've been asking them for a while to look into these. They'll be top notch I would imagine weld wise as we had a chat about what to look out for a while ago. One of the NCBA members was in Italy recently and he sent us a pitcure of him standing next to a load of these beauties. Might be worth tapping him up at the meet ;)
I've pretty much decided I'm going for the 110ltr jobby when funds allow :whistle:

EDIT, piccies are o.k to be taken and I'll pop in and take them soon. I should have the size details tomorrow ;)

Aleman, they can get them up to 200ltr. Can't say prices at the moment due to ordering and fluctuations in the exchange rate :thumb:

EDIT 2 They actually up to 300ltr

You lot are a bad influence . . . thanks to you my kids will be eating this for the next week

PlateChiller01.jpg

:rofl:

Regarding SS conicals I was in contact with a uk company that will be importing a batch of conicals from china next week. The sizes range from 20L to 100L the largest should cost around £450.

It's a lot of dosh but they look very nice.

Regarding SS conicals I was in contact with a uk company that will be importing a batch of conicals from china next week. The sizes range from 20L to 100L the largest should cost around £450.
It's a lot of dosh but they look very nice
That's a very resonable price AFAIC. We looked into importing some (container load) conicals from China, as have a few forum members individually. The main area for concern was the welding as often it appeared bubbled or pitted. There is also a question mark over the quality of the stainless.
I'd be very interested to have further information on these conicals if you can get it Gib.

I do have pictures of the 75ltr Italian conical which I will upload shortly, the 100ltr one had already been sold.

Gib said:
The sizes range from 20L to 100L the largest should cost around £450.

Gib, Is that 100L to the brim or 100L usable volume? . . . And does the price include VAT?

As far as delivery goes . . . I'd collect :lol:

Pictures of Italian conicals as follows, base which conical sits in and welds/seam of conical (top and bottom)
CIMG2898188x250.jpg
CIMG2895250x188.jpg
CIMG2896250x188.jpg

Ball valve at base, upper tap (may come with ball valve) press fitting interior of upper tap
CIMG2899225x300.jpg
CIMG2901250x188.jpg
CIMG2893250x188.jpg

Interior area surrounding bottom ball valve
CIMG2894250x188.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get a decent picture of the entire conical, or of the lid.

I don't have any more information at the moment. The guy I emailed has been importing stuff from China for the last 3 years but he normally supplies breweries with much bigger versions of these, so I would expect the quality to be pretty good. It's the first time he will be importing stuff for the homebrewing market.

He'll let me know when the containers arrive. How long does it take for a ship to get here from China?

The guy I emailed has been importing stuff from China for the last 3 years but he normally supplies breweries with much bigger versions of these, so I would expect the quality to be pretty good
Sounds promising, keep us informed :thumb:
How long does it take for a ship to get here from China?
Pass :grin:

and who was moaning that yeast was expensive???????????????????????????????

Vossy1 said:
:lol:
It's alright for those with inexhaustable supplies...innit :mrgreen:

I still can't afford some flash SS conical though. But if I could it would be made by the same chap who built my kettle. He's quoted me NZ$1200 for a 100L custom built conical. Jacketed, temp controlled. Which is cheap in comparison to the prices over there.

NZ has done very well with the wine making, not because the grapes are good or the wine makers are good but because they are very good with SS. Which comes from the dairy farming and boat biulding here. The amount of stuff you can get in SS is mind boggling here.

Latest posts

Back