star san where to buy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stuey said:
iceo said:
morethanworts said:
Maybe the Malt Miller is leaning towards this stuff instead, which looks to have the same active ingredients.

thats what i meant by out of stock.

iv ordered the saniclean now with some ph test strips and a few other bits from the home brew shop for £2.60+vat postage

just got to get some water and a spray bottle :D

I use the saniclean. Its great! Usually use Ashbeck or Distilled water and quickly check the pH is in the ball park with some pH paper before use.
None of the crazy foamy issues you get with Starsan either :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

great thanks stuey. how do you use yours? can you use it like star san time and time again or use it once?

thinking a spray bottle . iv got some that have a foaming mesh on them . so hoping it might work without my kitchen looking like a 90s foam party

I have a plant mister/sprayer from the garden centre with saniclean in all the time. Obviously the spray bottle is a one way street in terms of re-use but I often tip half the contents of the spray bottle into my bottle tree scoosher thingy and that will get tipped back into my spray bottle when I've done bottling.

I will admit to using videne for my casks though as I can mix that with my tap water and save a packet in bottled water!

iceo said:
stuey said:
iceo said:
Maybe the Malt Miller is leaning towards this stuff instead, which looks to have the same active ingredients.

thats what i meant by out of stock.

iv ordered the saniclean now with some ph test strips and a few other bits from the home brew shop for £2.60+vat postage

just got to get some water and a spray bottle :D

I use the saniclean. Its great! Usually use Ashbeck or Distilled water and quickly check the pH is in the ball park with some pH paper before use.
None of the crazy foamy issues you get with Starsan either :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

great thanks stuey. how do you use yours? can you use it like star san time and time again or use it once?

thinking a spray bottle . iv got some that have a foaming mesh on them . so hoping it might work without my kitchen looking like a 90s foam party

Just bought some star San from brewuk. I ordered some other stuff off them and postage was under £4.

Waiting for it to be delivered.
Will be using it alongside VWP and oxiclean

I often rise my star san, just because it's marketed as a non-rinse product does not mean you can't rinse.

On a side note in the book 'Brew like a pro' they have tested star san on yeast and in their words 'it's a stone cold killer' so I would keep it away from yeast starters etc or at least rinse these items.

Jimmy321 said:
I often rise my star san, just because it's marketed as a non-rinse product does not mean you can't rinse.

On a side note in the book 'Brew like a pro' they have tested star san on yeast and in their words 'it's a stone cold killer' so I would keep it away from yeast starters etc or at least rinse these items.

I thought you should never rinse star san.

all the extras you need in asda for £2.50
ex3c.jpg
[/URL]
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=45158

Latest posts

Back