Storage/Packaging for beer bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patmonger

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in the UK I could buy boxes/cartons (or maybe small crates) to store 500ml beer bottles under my bed after brewing? It seems harder to find something suitable than I thought.

Thanks

If they're just being stored under your bed won't any old cardboard boxes do? You don't need to worry about strength and they don't need to have separate compartments or anything. I just use cardboard boxes for storage in the house during carbonation.

There are links on here to a website selling milk bottle crates. Easy to move and some are stackable.

But as above, a cardboard box or a large plastic under bed storage box would do.

I saw some plastic storage boxes yesterday at a pound stretcher shop, they was very cheap and would be great for your situation.

The Alex Baird ones in the links section are good, but if you are only storing rather than moving them around they maybe overkill for what you want. I have 10 of them and they are good quality.

i use black plastic boxes they hold 12 botles cost me a £1 each . i know tescos at the moment have got lots of wine/sprite boxes in cages at the end of the checkouts to help yourself. i also use nappy boxes, banana/fruit boxes, bread crates.

b&q had come folding storage crates in 3or4 for £10-12 i wouldnt want to carry them full of beer but for under the bed any thing will do

Back