Stout ready to drink?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnc86

Reaction score
I misplaced the OG reading for my stout so it's pointless taking a FG reading :evil: .

It's been fermenting for 10 day's and It looks as though its fermented out as there is only few very small bubbles on the surface.

Can someone give me an idea what region the FG should be for a coopers stout kit brewed with 1kg of extra dark spray malt as the fermentables.

I read somewhere that stout does not need as much time to develop and can be drunk pretty much as soon as its finished fermenting......

Is this right? If it is I might get it in the corny tonight and have a try :cool: .

Cheers.

:drink:

Hi john my coopers stout with 1kg of dark spraymalt started at 1040 and dropped to 1012, that took 6 days. I sampled it from the Fv and it was really nice, and a few weeks in it's getting better.

Rob

My theory is, 'how do you know when its ready to drink unless you know what it tastes like before its ready' :D
I usually drink my gravity samples, reckon I could make a fair guess of gravity by taste :grin:
Folks usually say the higher the OG, the better it matures and keeps over time. Sample often, compare and contrast and you'll see how the flavours develop.

Latest posts

Back