Stuck fermentation or too many fermentambles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivvo

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys, brewed an IPA better brew kit with 500g of light malt and 1kg of brew enhancer initial og was 1058 and it has had 20 days in the fv at a pretty constant 18'.
The last three readings have been 1014 (probably a misread on the hygrometer) and two 1016's this seems pretty high and the airlock still has water stacked on one side, I've also got stuff floating on the top which is the first time this has happened with a brew I've done, any advice please?
Photo is attached.

Mmm actually the photo isn't attached, was added as a file but not sure where it's gone

You need to host your picture on a site such as photobucket and link to the image.

1014 could well be finished but you might want to give it a good old stir to rouse the yeast and up the temp a bit too see if you can get it down a bit further.

Stuff floating on top will likely just be yeast. Not to worry about.

3d8d7eaba817bbceed215bed4d4de6d4_zpsa8ae92b2.jpg

Here we go read the how to, probably should have done that first :doh:

And should have said, read 1014 first then 1016 hence the assumption it was a misread, I have stirred it up and let it settle again, I think that's why the yeasty looking bits are on the top.

Bumped to allow for comments on the photo, does that look normal?

they're not bubbles but it wasn't mould either, was still contained in the liquid rather than floating on top?

Back