summer cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lengie10

Reaction score
so going to have another crack at a summer cider. In the past I've bought 24 litres of 100% concerntrate juice and added that to pectolase, yeast nutrient and wine yeast. I also added about a litre of tea (boiled up and stewed) as well as about 700g of golden syrup. each time ive done it its turned out different which hasn't been an issue but I fancy trying something different or varying it slightly. I have a juicer so could add some apples if needed...thoughts and ideas?

Stick some ginger in. I made a lovely ginger and lemon cider a few months back and deffo going to do some more now.

Or get some Lowicz syrup and play about with the fruit flavours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick some ginger in. I made a lovely ginger and lemon cider a few months back and deffo going to do some more now.

Or get some Lowicz syrup and play about with the fruit flavours.

Fresh ginger? puree'd?

when you say play with fruit flavours are you saying add some fruits? ive heard frozen raspberries are good?

Add some Bramley apples, that will add depth and malic acid to the recipe, i found it it really makes a difference to cider made only with supermarket juice.

Fresh ginger? puree'd?

when you say play with fruit flavours are you saying add some fruits? ive heard frozen raspberries are good?

Fresh ginger , grated and added at start . Search my recipe for ginger cider in the cider brewday section.

Fruits - Lowicz syrups. Polish syrups with no nasties.

Add some Bramley apples, that will add depth and malic acid to the recipe, i found it it really makes a difference to cider made only with supermarket juice.

Out of interest - do you just chop and lob your apples in at the very start with everything else ?

Out of interest - do you just chop and lob your apples in at the very start with everything else ?

Yes, I generally wash them then chop them up into small pieces (discard the core) and add it at the start with everything else.

I recently got a decent blender so next time i may give them a go in that and see if it makes any difference.

Yes, I generally wash them then chop them up into small pieces (discard the core) and add it at the start with everything else.

I recently got a decent blender so next time i may give them a go in that and see if it makes any difference.

Might just give that a go [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back