Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried a sample yet?
After one week and mine is still going strong, but the smell is really not nice. It's like someone has drank too many alcopops and vomitted into my DJ! The other half is not impressed so far.

I had a taste when i stabilised and degassed it, i found it tasted very strong not nasty but a lot different to what i am used to, Mrs Tea thinks its great but i am beginning to think if i gave her flavoured meths she would like it. :D

It has been clearing for a couple of days and i will probably bottle it tomorrow, i will let you know how it tastes then.

It has been clearing for a couple of days and i will probably bottle it tomorrow, i will let you know how it tastes then.

Update -

Curiosity got the better of me and as the KwiK Clear had done its thing in a couple of days i decided to bottle it tonight.

This is totally different to then rose i have been making for months, it is really strong tasting, difficult to say what it tastes of exactly but i am not disappointed, Mrs Tea thinks its great, i will (try to) leave a few bottles for a week or two and see how they change.

I will definitely use red grape juice again if there is no white grape juice.

Another WOW variant success.

I've two brews to bottle up tonight, both started at same time and identical apart from one is RGJ and the other WGJ, each also has a litre of apple and 1/2 litre of tropical(OJ, pineapple, banana) so will be interesting to taste the difference.

My instinct is that honey is more likely to enhance beer than wine, but with so many types of fruit juice available for making wine from it wouldn't surprise me if honey helps some of them. I think it might enhance pear flavours for instance, though I've not seen pure pear juice on sale, though Tescos have an apple, peach & pear juice.

Sampled my wow with the honey, it was just a basic apple wow and it's a very decent, light, fresh table wine. Unsure if the honey has made any difference in flavour but its turned out crystal clear!

Hi fellow brewers, I'm fairly new new to wine making having done a few kits and a few wows ( still fermenting).
I wondered if anyone could recommend a recipe using the following,
I have ...
2 x 1L red grape and berry. red grape juice 73% strawberry 29% rasp 5% blkcurrent 2%
2 x 1L summer fruits From aldi from concentrate.
2 x 1L apple juice from concentrate.
2 x 1L pressed white grape juice from asda
1 x 1L 100% pure orange juice from concentrate from asda
1 x 1L cranberry and raspberry from asda.
I have all the bits needed to make most wows and plenty of dj's .

Just looking for some ideas of what might work. My wife likes a Zinfandel rose which is why I bought the red grape and berry thinking that might make something similar?

Thanks in advance
Ashley

hi all, got this on last night. My first go at a WOW.
2x1ltr grape/apple/raspberry. grape 50% apple 35% raspberry 15% (no grape on its own available)
0.5 ltr apple 100% from conc.
750g sugar(making 1020g total)
2 bag tea tannin,
small tsp pectolase, citric acid, nutrient, glycerine, half 5g pack universal wine yeast.

I'm not sure if I've put enough yeast in as I'm only getting one bubble every couple of minutes through the airlock this morning.
Can these WOWs vary on how long they take to get going??

CAM00113.jpg

CAM00114.jpg

I've now added the rest of the yeast packet and hydrated it first, this is where I maybe went wrong as it now has movement in the airlock. Also moved into conservatory to get it going 25deg at moment.

the 2 best varients I have made and have been regularly complimented on and asked for was -

5l then racked into a dj to clear
Tesco 1l rgj
Tesco 1.5l apple and blackcurrant
1kg sugar
1tsp pectolase
1tsp nutrient
1tsp super wine yeast
1tsp glycerine
3 teabag brew

and the other as above with 1l rgj and 1.5l orange and pineapple juice. both taste brilliant and are great wether left in the dj a few days to clear or a month before bottling.

Just seen the above and fancied giving it a go, but confused regarding quantities... I assume total should be 5ltrs to fill the Demi John, 1ltr rgj is fairly obvious is 1.5ltrs of Apple and blackcurrant - is that 1.5ltrs of each? Total 4ltrs and the rest made up with water to 5ltrs?.

Apologies I'd I'm being a bit dim:doh:

Just seen the above and fancied giving it a go, but confused regarding quantities... I assume total should be 5ltrs to fill the Demi John, 1ltr rgj is fairly obvious is 1.5ltrs of Apple and blackcurrant - is that 1.5ltrs of each? Total 4ltrs and the rest made up with water to 5ltrs?.

Apologies I'd I'm being a bit dim:doh:

As a guess it'll be 1.5L of "Apple and Blackcurrant" rather than 1.5L of each.

Thanks for the reply, think maybe I should search for the previous post that the recipe was based on, as it still can't see how those amounts add up 5ltrs.:confused:

Also moved into conservatory to get it going 25deg at moment.

Please don't move it.
You are more likely to get unwanted flavours the higher the temp. I
use an old recycling crate filled with water and a thermostat ic
aquarium heater set to 20 degrees in it as a water bath.
. The whole lot is covered in
bubble wrap. The Muntons kits I cleared out from Willkos say five
days to finish, it takes me ten, but I get beautiful wines.

Had a go at my first wow but it hasn't cleared fully yet so just waiting :whistle:

Set my second wow off on 6 April and it got bottled yesterday! TOH said it was the best one I've made yet!

Aldi 1l red grape
Morrisons red grape and berries 1l
700g sugar
1tsp citric acid
1tsp yeast
Mug of strong black tea
1tsp nutrient
1tsp pectolase
1tsp glycerine

I back sweetened before clearing with 250ml wgj

Lurvely I must say :thumb:

I love the pomegranate and have made this a few times now, in fact the last batch I used both RGJ & WGJ and the taste was very pleasing. So I figured my next batch should be a 27L and fill my FV.
So here's my question do I simply use the original recipe and times all ingredients by 5?

Evening all, bought these today, anyone recommend what I can add to make a good 1 gal WOW.

2X 750ML Welch's Rose grape juice. 100% juice from concentrate. 16.6g per 100ml sugar.

I want no more than 13% and keep it rose if possible.
Thanks in advance.

No recent threads on these wines, does nobody bother doing these now or am I missing something better?

I make wow but am finding white grape juice difficult to find, i have tried a few with red grape juice and to be honest they are as good as the white ones here in the thread, maybe people are not experimenting with new juices so have no new recipes to add.

Latest posts

Back